GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

A3 8p compound turbo K04/GT45 build

LAGP

Ready to race!
In the past 5 years I have learned a lot from various forums and use that information to modify my car with the intention to have a better road car with good sport performance and occasional 1/4 mile race. Here is a graphic story of my Cars evolution from stock K03 to whatever it evolved into, English is not my language so I will not put much detail in the descriptions but if someone have a question fell free to ask and I will try to share whatever experience I gained.

Chris659

Ready to race!
Tell me more about the DSG cooler relocation!

Did you have to add an auxiliary pump or anything? What cooler did you use?

LAGP

Ready to race!
No pump needed, adapter plate goes where the OEM heat exchanger used to be. I'm using a 10 row radiator with -10 an hoses I bought on eBay. I fabricated the plate from 12mm aluminum plate cut with a reciprocating saw drilled and taped 2 NPT to AN -10 fittings exactly over the DSG ports with a template and flattened the bottom side over Emery cloth on a glass surface including the fittings that protuded a little bit. I used one 90° and one 45° to clear the exhaust crossover pipe.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

LAGP

Ready to race!
Did my first pull from stand still today and feels almost exactly as it did prior to the addition of the larger turbo. I'm using torque app to measure 0 to 60, not really accurate but gives a good idea of the performance

LAGP

Ready to race!
why do you think the clutch will slip? I have not decided how to tune it yet, I'm working out the details on the installation first, PCV valve is giving me a hard time, it is not able to contain the oil under boost.