GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Bluetooth Phone Help!

fisnik

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,

I just got a used 2010 golf 2.5L. The previous owner installed a Rosen Nav entertainment thing. The Rosen has bluetooth phone but it is awful and does not work well at all. The car seems like it has factory bluetooth because it has the bluetooth buttons by the sunroof. I tried to connect to the factory bluetooth and I am able to connect to it. I see the light turn green and on my iPhone I am connected to "VW UHV". I try to make a call and the source is "VW UHV" however I can't hear anything through the car speakers. Now my question is, is it possible when the previous driver installed the Rosen unit that they disconnected the factory bluetooth from the speakers? If so is there a way to reconnect it? Or could it be something else?

gliitch

Ready to race!
I believe the factory bloodbath needs the factory radio to function. Do you have the Bluetooth module under your passenger seat?

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
you need to replace the radio with another aftermarket deck (kenwood or alpine) and a MAESTRO RR, or replace it back with another factory deck.

That is really your only 2 options at this point.

phd-12v

Go Kart Champion
since you have the green light on, you have a 9W2 BT module under the passenger seat.

just so you know