GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2 MK6 vs S2000 RH/E

duces

Passed Driver's Ed
I'm sorry for getting your mods wrong slw. I was just going by what my boy said you told him. Definitely nice runs considering you don't have a down pipe or intake. :thumbsup:

Makes more sense now why a 205whp S2000 was ahead by a bit.

oh na its str8, i just lik rumors startin bout shit i dnt have n others, but yea im gettin my downpipe real soon n hopefully will be runnin alot better

lowerthanzimmy

Go Kart Champion
I'm sorry for getting your mods wrong slw. I was just going by what my boy said you told him. Definitely nice runs considering you don't have a down pipe or intake. :thumbsup:

Makes more sense now why a 205whp S2000 was ahead by a bit.

even so......a stock gti his that whp..... just shows how the powerband of a full bolt on s2k has a differance on a car thats power drops of about 3100rpm before:thumbsup:....ill have video up of track passes and fun pulls come spring......stage 2 on w/m and DR's

Djunited1

Go Kart Champion
^im sure weight has got to do with it as well

Chubby Ninja

Seasoned Vet
Yeah 205whp in a 27-2800lbs car compared to what 31-3200 for the GTI? 300-500 lbs is a lot.

And that S2K is far from fully bolted on fyi.

lowerthanzimmy

Go Kart Champion
Yeah 205whp in a 27-2800lbs car compared to what 31-3200 for the GTI? 300-500 lbs is a lot.

And that S2K is far from fully bolted on fyi.

exhaust, test pipe, header......pretty close:iono:

Chubby Ninja

Seasoned Vet
exhaust, test pipe, header......pretty close:iono:

Oh, you mean just breather bolt-ons. As in just I/E/H? I see. They really don't do too much on the S2000 while still on the stock ECU. You really need a tune to bring it all together.

I guess personally when I hear 'fully' bolted-on, I think about more then just simple breather mods. Things I can bolt-on.

Cams, gears, manifold, throttle body, carbon drive-shaft, clutch kits, etc, etc..

Huge difference between a 215-225whp breather bolt-on S2000, and a 260whp fully bolted on N/A monster. Which is still being pretty conservative considering some of the N/A builds guys in their F20 and F22C's have be able to accomplish. But I've also probably seen some more of the elite of what the S2K community has to offer then most.

lowerthanzimmy

Go Kart Champion
eh i see what you mean....i mean id consider cams more of "internals" manifodl and al yeaaa but its cool i can agree with you half way :wink:....yea my friend has a ap1 on ITB's that made pretty good numbers for all motor :laugh:

Chubby Ninja

Seasoned Vet
Yeah, tru that. I'm with ya on the cams thought.

There's really only so much you can do with an N/A small displacement motor. I've been down that road. ;)

All motor is fun, but boost is where it's at if you want speed.

Last edited:

Tetsuei

needs m0ar shiny.
is a stock ap1 faster than a stock GTI?

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not trolling.

Short answer? Every day of the week and twice on Sunday.

AP2 is still better than AP1 tho. /cough

Last edited: