GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Post your MPG

typeronin

Ready to race!
Being from Canada, we use L/100km but I'll use Google and convert it to MPG for 'Murica as well.

I use about a tank of gas a week or so. On weeks I don't have to do a 50km (each way) highway commute, it's in the range of 7.5L/100km (32MPG) but since I haven't had to do that commute and spend most of my time in the city, it's closer to 10L/100km (23.5MPG).

And usually I'm not trying to conserve or anything. I drive a bit over the limit and when it's clear, I like to gun it just for some DSG flatulence. :)

About 450km (280 miles) on a tank city driving, 570km (355 miles) highway.

typeronin

Ready to race!
And I can't even imagine how some of you are in the 40MPG range. That's like...5L/100KM.

Are you going exactly the speed limit on the highway and never have to stop ever?

EDIT: Oh, not GTIs... *derp*

LOL are the regular 1.4, 2.5 and TDI engines that much more efficient than the 2.0L TSI or are Golf and TDI owners just less likely to drive like becauseracecar? :D

Buttsy

I have a TDI, and drive like a Madman. I average 5.6L/100km

This post has been written entirely in recycled electrons by a bonehead on a Galaxy S4. Also from inside an igloo. Why not, I'm from the "North" right?

Ludey849

Ready to race!

city driving, 30 mins of traffic from work daily too.

dynamisoz

Passed Driver's Ed
MY avg over the last 3000k miles is 25.4mpg(Calculated). That's from city/hwy mixed and being in traffic. I do get around 30mpg when doing mostly hwy though. Completely stock.

FJJazzer23

24mpg on a 'new to me' manual '12 with almost 28k on it. I imagine mileage will get better as I get more acquainted with the clutch. (first time owning a car with 3 pedals)

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
20-24mpg with redline shifting all day erry day all day erry day

Last edited:

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
I have a Carbonio on the way. With the same driving habits, running 93 octane, will I see a notable difference in MPGs?

It'll go down cause it makes a cool noise and you'll hit the gas just to hear it