GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dyno Results - GIAC & APR Stage I - 2012 Golf R

Brinkmen

VW NUT!
I only peruse the R section on 'tex and compared to here, it is definitely not worse. This thread is proof. If other sections of 'tex are worse, I don't want to know about it:laugh:

The Vortex thread about this had to be locked. Doesn't seem like this one needs to be.

...yet.

twodotfive

Ready to race!
You didn't read the thread on Vortex, did you? The reading comprehension skills of some of the people there are pretty pathetic.

Ah! Read it now. :eek:

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
Not sure if it is a fluke but does the stock tune make more power before 2500? That seems rather odd.

it's true, I believe it's the stock tune/higher flowing K04 that is the cause. we noticed this last year at one of the dyno days, my stock R made more power than stg1 down low.

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
it's true, I believe it's the stock tune/higher flowing K04 that is the cause. we noticed this last year at one of the dyno days, my stock R made more power than stg1 down low.

Forgive me if I've missed something but what do you mean by higher flowing, it's the same turbo is it not?

PRND[S]

The Lame & The Ludicrous
I also want to point out that the car was dyno'd with the GIAC tune switched to the STOCK MAP. It isn't necessarily 100% identical to the way the OEM ECU software works even if the maps are the same.

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
I also want to point out that the car was dyno'd with the GIAC tune switched to the STOCK MAP. It isn't necessarily 100% identical to the way the OEM ECU software works even if the maps are the same.

This. I noticed a big change stock to stock mode of APR stage 1. Tuned, stock mode got into good boost sooner. Note this was a GTI, not an R.

Avant

Ready to race!

Waiiiit.. are you talking about OP?