GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

STEREO PROBLEMS

BIG FAT UNCLE PAULY

Ready to race!
So last year at this time my stereo would be dead on cold mornings and sometimes on the way home from work if really cold outside. Family problems took all my spare time and never went into the dealer for a diagnostic on stereo. Last spring the problem stopped with warmer weather and I forgot about it until now.

For the last month (November) I have a dead stereo on cold mornings but it does power up after blowing the heat thru the vents for about 10 minutes. At lunch and evening drive home the stereo works fine unless the temp. is very low.

My drive to work is only 15 minutes and sometimes the stereo is dead all the way in. Also the Bluetooth connection to my phone does not work as it needs the stereo to function.

Big trouble is I'm now at 40K miles and I believe the stereo was only covered under warranty up to 35K miles?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. And sorry if this has been covered before. My search came back blank.

P.S. - this is the upgraded stereo that came in the sunroof package along with smart steering wheel.

Thanks, Big Fat Uncle pauly

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Time to purchase a New Stereo. Lol. The dealer won't do anything because you are out of warranty. I know Eonon is running a group buy on their GA5153. $339 . 8" touch screen. Full Android OS. GPS, DVD, ETC. I am on the fence about purchasing one myself. I have a RSN-315 which works Excellent, but I am craving something new and different.

Jmoore412

Ready to race!
One option is to find a speedometer repair shop most will work on factory radios at a fair price. Been installing for a long time and have had a bunch of customers send radios off for repairs which saved hundreds over a new radio.

Kpms

So last year at this time my stereo would be dead on cold mornings and sometimes on the way home from work if really cold outside. Family problems took all my spare time and never went into the dealer for a diagnostic on stereo. Last spring the problem stopped with warmer weather and I forgot about it until now.

For the last month (November) I have a dead stereo on cold mornings but it does power up after blowing the heat thru the vents for about 10 minutes. At lunch and evening drive home the stereo works fine unless the temp. is very low.

My drive to work is only 15 minutes and sometimes the stereo is dead all the way in. Also the Bluetooth connection to my phone does not work as it needs the stereo to function.

Big trouble is I'm now at 40K miles and I believe the stereo was only covered under warranty up to 35K miles?

Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated. And sorry if this has been covered before. My search came back blank.

P.S. - this is the upgraded stereo that came in the sunroof package along with smart steering wheel.

Thanks, Big Fat Uncle pauly

I had the rms510 and the system would just stop. It happened three times just before my warranty. It was anything temp related so VW swapped out, I juts purchase a head unit from Eonon and it seems to be working ok, taking a little bit of use getting it set up

Kpms

Time to purchase a New Stereo. Lol. The dealer won't do anything because you are out of warranty. I know Eonon is running a group buy on their GA5153. $339 . 8" touch screen. Full Android OS. GPS, DVD, ETC. I am on the fence about purchasing one myself. I have a RSN-315 which works Excellent, but I am craving something new and different.

Bought the Ga5153. Works as adervertise.... Has a bit of a learning curve but overall I quite like it, the only thing I am having difficulties with is iPod intergration. The deck sees it but doesn't read from it...

Also a few apps I want to use say not compatible so I am about to try and root it and see if that gives me some options other than that it functions just as you would suspect. I have a rocket. Sick with 3G connection. Streaming audio apps like songA and Google maps for Navigatiom.

AXO

Go Kart Champion
If you were to do it over again, would you purchase the Eonon?

Thanks AXO

EononCarDVD

Go Kart Champion
Hi guys, Yes, we are running a group buy for GA5153. Treat yourself and family with a fashionable Android unit in the New Year! And everyone would get cheerful in your cool ride with Eonon! :D

Here is the GA5153 Group Buy Link with discounted price for Members ONLY:

http://www.eonon.com/Car-DVD-Players/Android-Car-DVD/VW/GA5153T.html

For those who want a A0119 camera with GA5153 in group buy price:
http://www.eonon.com/Others/Camera/A0119T.html ONLY 25USD!

For those who'd like to order via Cell phone:
http://wap.eonon.com/productshow.aspx?pno=GA5153T

http://wap.eonon.com/productshow.aspx?pno=A0119T

- GA5153 Group Buy Price:
Original Price: 461USD on our website
GB Price: 339USD
Save 26% :thumbsup:

I also have opened a new GB link here, welcome to knore more details here:
http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=87772