GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Stage 2+ UM golf R vs e92 m3

Mensurpj1

Ready to race!
Hey everyone,

So while in Mexico my friend and I did some pulls to see how our cars match up. I've always beaten stock m3s but here are the mod lists for the cars.

M3- ESS tune, pulleys, catless exhaust, dct.

Golf R- stage 2+ UM tune on 30 psi stock intercooler and stock catback.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDL38LmqPvt/

Up top it feels like his car just keeps going and the ko4 just starts dying. Also I brake boosted and no lift shifted.

GIACUser

Master Wallet Mechanic
Hey everyone,

So while in Mexico my friend and I did some pulls to see how our cars match up. I've always beaten stock m3s but here are the mod lists for the cars.

M3- ESS tune, pulleys, catless exhaust, dct.

Golf R- stage 2+ UM tune on 30 psi stock intercooler and stock catback.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDL38LmqPvt/

Up top it feels like his car just keeps going and the ko4 just starts dying. Also I brake boosted and no lift shifted.

Definately get a higher flowing intercooler like APR or Wagner and the hi-flo turbo discharge pipe and the hi-flo air-charge pipe (choke points for top end). Add water meth and I believe you have boost and octane control capabilities.... turn it up and of course log things for safety as you do. Once dialed in with an aggressive tune a K04 should run strong to redline. Mine does.

Mensurpj1

Ready to race!
would the intercooler make that much difference? it was about 50 degrees at the time of the pull

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
I'd love at go at him, I bet the outcome would have been different, he didn't seem to pull you super hard. Much like the guy above said, do your boost pipes, intercooler, I'd even go for a full 3" turboback and you'll see a good difference in just those things.... My k04 pulls strong as hell to redline every gear.

Good video though man, thanks for the share!

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Intercooler is your biggest restriction at this point if you're stock. It's like another air filter. Up top it's a big flow choke. More volume typically means more flow.

Mensurpj1

Ready to race!
Intercooler is your biggest restriction at this point if you're stock. It's like another air filter. Up top it's a big flow choke. More volume typically means more flow.

I believe this is my biggest culprit. I'm going to do some research and see which intercooler is the best bang for the buck.

fast2ghl

Ready to race!
I'll give the pipes a try, any specific ones that everyone uses?

I have the FORGE set currently, although I sold the TOP as I now have the CTS-K04 specific one but I am still using the FORGE pipe that feeds to the throttle body. For the price $275; you can't beat it, the pipes are solid, and much larger then OEM.

Mensurpj1

Ready to race!
I ran a stock e93 on the highway and beat him. Reasonbly heavier than the e92 though.

I have beaten stock m3's pretty easily...What ive found it, the m3 driver needs to start the race in his upper RPM range, also having an ESS tune with other mods transforms that car.

Injen1us

Drag Race Newbie

This.

You can almost see it in the video. You spool up quicker and get the edge but as the consistent hot air builds in the charge pipes you start to get passed.

Either way. Great video bro