GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jaber

Modero
Dubya really should pickup those leaves. He's starting to bring Chiraq to TX.

BoostedVW11

Drag Racing Champion
Dubya really should pickup those leaves. He's starting to bring Chiraq to TX.

Coming from chicago and never having a yard...likely has never seen leaves before. TBH Probably just assumes its garbage on the ground like in the city :iono:

$10 says hes hiring a lawn service to do it for him, aintnobodygottimeforthat.gif

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
+3

Why reward a loser just because he/she managed to stick around long enough and manage to not get fired? Reward based on potential, performance, and demonstrated value added to the company.

All my guys are good workers. Thankfully the "losers" have left.

We had a couple good years here and now we need to get rid of the excess funds before the end of the year. If I don't get rid of it, we get taxed on it at a ridiculous amount becausesmallbusinessesgetfucked. We are an S corp so if I give it to myself, there's no benefit from a tax point. If I give it to the guys, they prosper and I get to write off the money as payroll. Win win for everyone. I would hope that it motivates everyone to work a little harder as well to have the chance to get another bonus next year.

As far as performance, it's very hard to figure out in construction because everyone works as a team to build a building. Obviously some guys are faster workers than others. We also have some good workers that have remained loyal over the years, even when we were slow and they had to stay home and not work. I think they are deserving as well. Everyone also talks too. That means if someone finds out they got a smaller bonus than the other guy, even though their regular pay is the same, I can see drama starting.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie
Coming from chicago and never having a yard...likely has never seen leaves before. TBH Probably just assumes its garbage on the ground like in the city :iono:

$10 says hes hiring a lawn service to do it for him, aintnobodygottimeforthat.gif

Fuck yeah $35 to blow and bag the leaves away. SOLD!

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Everyone also talks too. That means if someone finds out they got a smaller bonus than the other guy, even though their regular pay is the same, I can see drama starting.

Then, given your main reasoning, and the above... everybody either gets

(a) the exact same bonus ($ amount)
(b) the exact same bonus (as a % of their total take home this year)

IMO "B" is the fair way. "We had a good year. Everybody gets a 10% Christmas bonus".

If you're worried everyone will compare dollar amounts and then back into each others pay rate, then it's "We had a good year. Everybody gets a $2,500 bonus."

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
Fuck yeah $35 to blow and bag the leaves away. SOLD!

I find mowing the lawn to be oddly therapeutic.

I hate yard work, mind you. But cutting a shaggy lawn down to nice, even height, is satisfying.

Welcome to suburbia. :)

Jaber

Modero

I hate yard work, mind you. But cutting a shaggy lawn down to nice, even height, is satisfying.

PTAK Lawn Services. Going to have to start doing that myself soon.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
PTAK Lawn Services. Going to have to start doing that myself soon.

It's the ONLY yard work I don't mind doing. And I've pawned that off on Jr. as of last year.

Wife handles the rest.

Cadubya

Autocross Newbie

I too enjoy mowing the lawn. I would’ve done the leaves, but I don’t have the time or the equipment yet. I’ll do it in the spring. Grass is pretty much done growing for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.