GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 GTI vs Charger R/T

LUICTO

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't know much about the R/T, but I got rid of my Super Bee (SRT8) to get the GTI and I must say the most of you guys are HIGH!!!, the SRT8 is a BEAST!!!, I used to race in VA prior to gettin here (HI) and I tell you...GTIs, MS3s, STIs not to mention the rest of them were getting their doors blown everytime...that being said I now own a GTI and they are quick "no doubt", but comparing it to my SRT, the GTI must be super modded in order to keep up...I love my GTI and will not change it for anything, but lets be real...no way in hell a Stage (whatever) would beat an SRT8 (trust me i know)...my SRT had full exhaust, intake, headers, cams and the predator tuner 597hp to the wheels and 654tq, but even at stock i was killing the above mentioned cars, again, I love my GTI and with some work it may keep up with the big boys...

CaptObvious75

Ready to race!
I don't know much about the R/T, but I got rid of my Super Bee (SRT8) to get the GTI and I must say the most of you guys are HIGH!!!, the SRT8 is a BEAST!!!, I used to race in VA prior to gettin here (HI) and I tell you...GTIs, MS3s, STIs not to mention the rest of them were getting their doors blown everytime...that being said I now own a GTI and they are quick "no doubt", but comparing it to my SRT, the GTI must be super modded in order to keep up...I love my GTI and will not change it for anything, but lets be real...no way in hell a Stage (whatever) would beat an SRT8 (trust me i know)...my SRT had full exhaust, intake, headers, cams and the predator tuner 597hp to the wheels and 654tq, but even at stock i was killing the above mentioned cars, again, I love my GTI and with some work it may keep up with the big boys...

I think they are talking just strictly the R/T... everyone knows the SRT8 is a beast

TAZZ1

Ready to race!
prepare to get flamed because they have mercedes transmissions lol

Correct, save for the fact that the transmissions merc is giving up to them is outdated in comparison to the one ze germanz are now using. It comes from the old generation (the weakpoint of fast mercedes back then was their transmission)... it was crap (that's why they changed it) :)

That being said, a stage 2 GTI would obliterate an R/T (i've driven a rental for a week) but will find it very hard to even keep up with a charger SRT8

xHeartcoreboyx

IceCream GTI
I wanna run an R/T soo bad...though thanks for the heads up about the SRT8...i have only seen a couple in Qatar, 90% of chargers are R/Ts here

oempls

Go Kart Champion

The title clearly states Charger R/T. Where in HI do you live?

NEW2FAST

Passed Driver's Ed
Just my experiance yesterday goes with "us" taking the R/T. yester day at a light a guy in a R/T pulled up next to me with his window down and after a short conversation we decided to run them at green. DSG to sport and we were off pulled on him all the way to 65 before we let off. Cool guy thumbs up and went about our day. But they are just not that fast!!!

Halvie

WOOSA

SRT lineup is pretty underwhelming stock imo. Saw plenty of srt8 challangers/jeeps/300 at the track the couple times I went. 104-109 traps. Big deal. What is that a couple grand for a k04 upgrade(please don't be another guy saying a k04 is heavily modded)...

392 looks like it will be a nice upgrade though.

ClockworkPenguin

Passed Driver's Ed
My cousin has a silver stock Charger R/T, and I'm able to consistently beat him by at least a car length in every run we've done, despite the huge difference in power, and I'm bone stock too. And I wouldn't even call myself particularly good off the line. (I don't do drag/stoplight racing all that much in this car because I think it's utterly silly to focus on that with a car that's primary virtues are balance and handling. This car belongs on back roads.) So that result doesn't surprise me in the least.

I know the Charger looks fast on paper, but its weight and transmission really don't take advantage of all that power.

That being said, I am wholly in agreement with everybody here that the SRT-8 would destroy just about any GTI thrown at it.

DDGTI

Ready to race!
I would love to get my car on that magical dyno :rolleyes:.

I don't know much about the R/T, but I got rid of my Super Bee (SRT8) to get the GTI and I must say the most of you guys are HIGH!!!, the SRT8 is a BEAST!!!, I used to race in VA prior to gettin here (HI) and I tell you...GTIs, MS3s, STIs not to mention the rest of them were getting their doors blown everytime...that being said I now own a GTI and they are quick "no doubt", but comparing it to my SRT, the GTI must be super modded in order to keep up...I love my GTI and will not change it for anything, but lets be real...no way in hell a Stage (whatever) would beat an SRT8 (trust me i know)...my SRT had full exhaust, intake, headers, cams and the predator tuner 597hp to the wheels and 654tq, but even at stock i was killing the mabove mentioned cars, again, I love my GTI and with some work it may keep up with the big boys...

iGTI1

Go Kart Champion
I'm not one too really race on the street and brag about a penis measuring contest on the freeway... But I went head to head with an r/t not so long ago... They get more credit then they should... "and that's all I got to say about that"- Gump