GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Question on Stage 1

Thomason84

Ready to race!
Check to make sure your coil packs are seated correctly. Could mess with idle for sure.

Idle sure but that would be felt through the entire car not just the steering wheel. I agree with the intake touching the brake reservoir. I would check that.

PatrickGTIVI

Ready to race!
I calculate my actual MPG every tank and I drive it like I stole it as well. My lowest tank average for daily driving was 28.7 and the highest was 31.2. When I moved from Utah to Oklahoma I got 37.5 (all highway). I am APR stage one with Carbonio stage 1 and 2.

do you drive on the highway a lot, at low speeds, or just push your car everywhere you go?

McQueen77

Banned
It is pure usda approved bulshit and internet rumor along with apr marketing saying fuel economy will go up with a tune. How is that possible? More boost, more air, more fuel, come on now. Ive had stage 1 a long time and ive experimented going back to stock mode and alwaya get slightly better mileage in stock tune. No free lunch, numero uno rule of economics.

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
It is pure usda approved bulshit and internet rumor along with apr marketing saying fuel economy will go up with a tune. How is that possible? More boost, more air, more fuel, come on now. Ive had stage 1 a long time and ive experimented going back to stock mode and alwaya get slightly better mileage in stock tune. No free lunch, numero uno rule of economics.

I have tried this test in the winter as i was suffering big time with MPGs and thought it was actually more beneficial to run stock map vs 93. Staying out of boost is the trick.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
Say what you will, when I run my 93 octane on stage II I get much better mileage than on stock map. The trick to MPGs is not driving like an asshat. When driving WOT, you are not playing the MPG game and it's irrelevant.

MrMke

Go Kart Champion
Say what you will, when I run my 93 octane on stage II I get much better mileage than on stock map. The trick to MPGs is not driving like an asshat. When driving WOT, you are not playing the MPG game and it's irrelevant.

^This

6MT_GTI

Ready to race!

Why not just get a TDI if you're going to drive your tuned GTI slower than the stock map?
Getting it tuned and saving on fuel should not go together...

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
LOL - that is true. Turbo cars are only beneficial if you stay out of boost and you baby them, otherwise forget about it - assuming you are getting stage 1 for the right reasons.

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
um, Golf GTI does not equal racecar. Sure, I drive mine like I stole it most of the time, but when I am sitting in 40 MPH highway traffic.. I am playing max MPG game. best of both worlds.

YangerD

Ready to race!
LOL - that is true. Turbo cars are only beneficial if you stay out of boost and you baby them, otherwise forget about it - assuming you are getting stage 1 for the right reasons.
No what's the fun of always staying out of boost? lol

gti330ex1

Ready to race!
um, Golf GTI does not equal racecar. Sure, I drive mine like I stole it most of the time, but when I am sitting in 40 MPH highway traffic.. I am playing max MPG game. best of both worlds.

LOL i wish we had those traffic patterns.

No what's the fun of always staying out of boost? lol

Pissing others in and outside of your car. Getting great MPGs. Making everyone else on the road look like bunch of dumb morons as they accelarate with their outdated v8 SUVs only to find out the light infront hasn't changed yet. Not to mention the fun of enjoying the complete opposite of the other driving style (hard to be in the middle - too boring). And one more, when hitting forza, you can appreciate the game a little more, because full boost GTI will take a lot of fun out of the game because it is a race car.