GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

How long until the MK6 R will be <$20k?

bebersol

Ready to race!
prices in ohio are high, low mileage 13s are 29-32 still, about 2k off for 2012s, and 2k off both once they're out of b2b warranty.

I picked up my 4dr loaded 2012 CPO with 33k miles for 26,750 about a month ago.

I was given 23k for my 2012 2dr base with 37k without stock wheels about 4 months ago.

did they discount the offer because of aftermarket wheels?

Jmoore412

Ready to race!
Dealer just offered me 27k for my R with 26000 miles on it. It was at a jeep dealership which shocked me that they offered that much. Mine is a 2 door CW base model.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
^ wow, that is amazing. like, super amazing. i'd sell that immediately, even if you don't want to :lol:

zrickety

The Fixer
Thank you for proving my point, it's been less than 2 years. Got me thinking hard about an R now!

munkey

Ready to race!
Actually it's a 2012. It's been more than 3 years since the cars came out here.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

whatisthatsound

Passed Driver's Ed
These R prices are market dependent. My fiancee bought a 2012 R in '13 w after sitting in the lot for a year. Out the door taxes and tags with her registered as a the first owner of a new car she paid $28.5k. They wanted to get rid of it. It's going up for sale when the 2016 manuals hit, and I'll be curious what the going rate will be in Seattle when I list it.

Androo @ Dubfest

Ready to race!
Dealer just offered me 27k for my R with 26000 miles on it. It was at a jeep dealership which shocked me that they offered that much. Mine is a 2 door CW base model.

the book (kbb) is very good on the golf r right now even with the mk7 r being out. i do finance at a vw dealer in los angeles and i booked out my car internally through kbb (different from consumers access kbb) and my cars coming in at $28-29k with 21k miles and i owe only $23k so i have positive equity, which is supid rare for vw cos most if not all vws suck balls on resale value. most vw customers are upside down an avg 3-4k unless they dump a shit load of down payment.