GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Factory Order MK6 GTI ??

550 Born

Passed Driver's Ed
Has anyone ordered a MK6 GTi from the factory? If so, how long did it take? The reason I ask is, I'm talking to a few dealers about a Candy White GTI, 2 door, with sunroof and nav, either autobahn or reg interior and there are none in CA, possibly one in reno, not sure if dealer is willing to trade it. My dealer is stating a possible 4-8 month delivery time from the factory. Again not sure if that is to persuade me to chose another color or not. I'm sticking to CW.

I've asked the dealer to check with the factory for a delivery date if ordered but was just wondering if anyone can advise how long their factory order GTI took to arrive.

Thanks,
550 Born

HaveBulldogWillTravel

Ready to race!
I've asked the dealer to check with the factory for a delivery date if ordered but was just wondering if anyone can advise how long their factory order GTI took to arrive.

Thanks,
550 Born
factory ordered a Golf TDi
on March 5th and got confirmation of order on March 11th...build date of March 28th...slated for east coast USA delivery end of May to early June. I'm thinking your dealer is FOS.

550 Born

Passed Driver's Ed
factory ordered a Golf TDi
on March 5th and got confirmation of order on March 11th...build date of March 28th...slated for east coast USA delivery end of May to early June. I'm thinking your dealer is FOS.

My son said to order a TDI as well. I have another thread talking about getting a TDI or GTI. Coming from a modded STI for the last 5 years, the GTI fits what I'm looking for a little better. I wish there was a TDI GTI :) Thanks for the reply !

550 Born

LittleJohny

Go Kart Champion
Mine took pretty much exactly 3 months. Never heard of anyone else's taking much longer than that.

You'd better act quick though. I ordered in mid February of last year and a few weeks later we tried to inquire about ordering a TDI and the salesman said the factor was no longer taking anymore orders for the year.

jokerific

Ready to race!
Has anyone ordered a MK6 GTi from the factory? If so, how long did it take? The reason I ask is, I'm talking to a few dealers about a Candy White GTI, 2 door, with sunroof and nav, either autobahn or reg interior and there are none in CA, possibly one in reno, not sure if dealer is willing to trade it. My dealer is stating a possible 4-8 month delivery time from the factory. Again not sure if that is to persuade me to chose another color or not. I'm sticking to CW.

Thanks,
550 Born

Mine also tried to convince me that a factory order would take forever just to push another one off the lot (3rd choice color). Ended up arriving short of the 3-month mark.

bozaman

Ready to race!

Thanks,
550 Born

i guess this kind of depends on how much allocation your particular dealer has available to enter a factory order. they may in fact have a longer lead time if they already have orders in queue that need to be completed before your order is accepted and worked.

with that said, once an order has been accepted by the factory (there's a good - but long - thread on how this works over on vortex if you're really interested) it typically is only a few months from then to vehicle delivery. other factors can play into this as well, so this is only a general guideline. (edit: we're approaching end of model year now, so they may be getting ready to shift the factory 2012 production in the next couple of months so that may play a factor in delivery time as well.)

in my experience, and i worked with a fairly high-volume dealer with available allocation, it took just over 3 months to delivery.

if you're intent on a factory order (i was, based solely on my config) then you might want to shop around at a few other dealers and see what they might be able to do for you.

550 Born

Passed Driver's Ed
i guess this kind of depends on how much allocation your particular dealer has available to enter a factory order. they may in fact have a longer lead time if they already have orders in queue that need to be completed before your order is accepted and worked.

with that said, once an order has been accepted by the factory (there's a good - but long - thread on how this works over on vortex if you're really interested) it typically is only a few months from then to vehicle delivery. other factors can play into this as well, so this is only a general guideline. (edit: we're approaching end of model year now, so they may be getting ready to shift the factory 2012 production in the next couple of months so that may play a factor in delivery time as well.)

in my experience, and i worked with a fairly high-volume dealer with available allocation, it took just over 3 months to delivery.

if you're intent on a factory order (i was, based solely on my config) then you might want to shop around at a few other dealers and see what they might be able to do for you.

Thanks to all for the replies. The bottom line is that there are no 2 dr GTI candy white or Tornado red with sunroof, nav in either cloth or Autobahn packages in CA. I have talked to two different dealers and they both stated the same information. So, now I'm dealing with the dealer closest to me. The dealer came back this afternoon and stated that in order get a car with my options they are being told that they will need to find one that is in the process of being built. That is what the dealer is doing now. Which is fine because that should shorten the wait time maybe as much as 4-5 weeks, hopefully one can be located.

When I ordered my Porsche in Dec 09' I had to wait 7 months, was delivered in Jun 2010. So I am somewhat familiar with the process and use to the waiting part :) Hopefully this will be a shorter wait. I'll let you know what the dealer finds out about locating a car already in production.

550 Born

TurtleJames

Go Kart Champion
if there are any in the surrounding states, maybe you can purchase it over the phone or something and make a road trip out of it.

Skivvy9r

Ready to race!
Not sure how far you're willing to travel, but check the search tool at www.cars.com. It shows CW 2dr nav GTIs in the LA area (Bakersfield & Riverside) as well as Oregon.

550 Born

Passed Driver's Ed
Not sure how far you're willing to travel, but check the search tool at www.cars.com. It shows CW 2dr nav GTIs in the LA area (Bakersfield & Riverside) as well as Oregon.

Skivvy9r, thanks for the info, I'm in the Sacramento area, Northern CA. Bakersfield is a few hours away and LA is 500 miles from where I am. If this doesn't pan out I will for sure start looking down south.

I just heard from the dealer they located CW GTI, 6 speed, Autobahn being built right now, no VIN yet. If VW is like Porsche, the VIN is assign after the car is built. If the dealer can get the car assigned to them, it will have a may-June delivery date. More to come....

550 Born

550 Born

Passed Driver's Ed

550 Born

Passed Driver's Ed
More info coming in...My dealer just got the date of Port arrival of 6/13 and to the dealer on 7/4. According to the factory, this is the only Candy White GTI, 2 DR, manual Autobahn coming to CA for the next 6 months but who knows if that's true. Could be if the 2012's are gearing up for production. As soon as the dealer gets word that the allocation has been assigned to them, we are good.

550 Born

cstrasz

Passed Driver's Ed
So I was planning on getting a 2 dr. candy white GTI in July (autobahn package) after I've saved up a bit more. Wondering now if I should go to a dealer and order in anticipation of having the full downpayment amount by July?

What happens if 2012's come out and I want to cancel? Do I lose the 500 dollars down (or whatever you have to place to secure the order)? Any advice? Thanks!