GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Factory Order MK6 GTI ??

550 Born

Passed Driver's Ed
Well found out late yesterday that the allocation is now assigned to my dealer, so the car is mine. Dealer stated no deposit is needed, so now just the waiting game.

cstrasz, If you don't plan to go to the dealer until July to order, you will be looking at a 2012 MY. To find your optioned car in CW this late in the 2011 production run, will be very difficult to locate, My experience is, CW is the hardest to find, whether it's because it's the most popular color or least color produced. My dealer and I have search all of CA and there were no 2 dr, CW manual, autobahn available. I'm pretty sure we are at the end of the MY cut off, I could have waited another month or two to get a MY 2012, or take this car that is already in production planning, I opted for this car, 12 week wait. My dealer is stating this car is the last 2 dr, CW manual, autobahn coming to CA for the next 6 months, because of the MY change? Could be..... Either way I got what I wanted, rather than settle with what was available.

550 Born

mk6_gti

Ready to race!
Ordered September 18th 2009, delivered November 18th 2009..
Have your dealer go in and edit an order that is in the computer but can still be changed to your specs.

Scotty2Hotty

Go Kart Champion
I just took delivery of a 2011 four door CW base manual on 3/28/11. Put the order in 1/20/11. So about nine weeks.

cstrasz

Passed Driver's Ed
Well found out late yesterday that the allocation is now assigned to my dealer, so the car is mine. Dealer stated no deposit is needed, so now just the waiting game.

cstrasz, If you don't plan to go to the dealer until July to order, you will be looking at a 2012 MY. To find your optioned car in CW this late in the 2011 production run, will be very difficult to locate, My experience is, CW is the hardest to find, whether it's because it's the most popular color or least color produced. My dealer and I have search all of CA and there were no 2 dr, CW manual, autobahn available. I'm pretty sure we are at the end of the MY cut off, I could have waited another month or two to get a MY 2012, or take this car that is already in production planning, I opted for this car, 12 week wait. My dealer is stating this car is the last 2 dr, CW manual, autobahn coming to CA for the next 6 months, because of the MY change? Could be..... Either way I got what I wanted, rather than settle with what was available.

550 Born

I was hoping to do the actual pickup/purchase in July, when I had my downpayment all done. I think that's why I was thinking maybe I should be looking to order already! Or wait for 2012s. Just wish the 2012's didn't have the Adidas style rims and LED headlights. Oh well :).

550 Born

Passed Driver's Ed
I was hoping to do the actual pickup/purchase in July, when I had my downpayment all done. I think that's why I was thinking maybe I should be looking to order already! Or wait for 2012s. Just wish the 2012's didn't have the Adidas style rims and LED headlights. Oh well :).

No I understand. Every new MY is going to have something new and great compared to last years model. You can always add them and sell the stuff that was replaced and offset the cost a little. I going to replace my rims anyways, Detroit's are OK but will go 19's. Will keep the Detroit's as winter rims.

550 Born

cstrasz

Passed Driver's Ed
No I understand. Every new MY is going to have something new and great compared to last years model. You can always add them and sell the stuff that was replaced and offset the cost a little. I going to replace my rims anyways, Detroit's are OK but will go 19's. Will keep the Detroit's as winter rims.

550 Born

Yeah, I probably only would have held onto the detroits for a year or so anyways, so no big deal. Plus I heard that we'll likely be able to turn off the LED DRL if they look bad. Going to reserve judgement on them until I see them in person :).

Wonder if they'll still be running any finance specials for the new models. 1.9% for the current 2011s are great. Hope they do something similar for the 12's. Well, hope you enjoy your car! I'm sure it'll be a blast!

jgtherrien

Dealers are Wealer Dealers

Mine also tried to convince me that a factory order would take forever just to push another one off the lot (3rd choice color). Ended up arriving short of the 3-month mark.

Had exactly the same off-putting experience. Dealer in CO told me, in fact, it was impossible to factory order a GTI. Really lame for the brand. Found another dealer who had no issue ordering for me despite having GTI (though not my spec) in inventory.

cacophony555

Ready to race!
Try contacting Hardik Patel at Sunnyvale VW. He's the fleet manager and will do dealer trades (via flatbed truck) with many dealerships up to 500 miles. Considering your requirements, I would expect he could get your car within a few days. He'll also match/beat whatever price another dealership quoted you, and he's great to work with.

Scotty2Hotty

Go Kart Champion
Try contacting Hardik Patel at Sunnyvale VW. He's the fleet manager and will do dealer trades (via flatbed truck) with many dealerships up to 500 miles. Considering your requirements, I would expect he could get your car within a few days. He'll also match/beat whatever price another dealership quoted you, and he's great to work with.

I went to high school with a Hardik Patel. Different guy, though. We used to mess with him a lot. Good old Hard Dick Patel...

Muskie

Go Kart Champion
I went to high school with a Hardik Patel. Different guy, though. We used to mess with him a lot. Good old Hard Dick Patel...

I work with a Hardik Patel.....About your age.