GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Best Downpipe w/ cat and Resonator

702GTI

Passed Driver's Ed
What is the best downpipe, I searched and searched. I know the awe is nice but it is 2.5 not much bigger than stock, then the billy boat and 42 draft designs are also nice. So the question is what downpipe would you buy it needs to have a cat and be resonated, I am using the stock exhaust after the cat.

Thanks in advance

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Personally, I'll be going with UR. They're 304 ss which jives better with my salty roads and especially important is that they're modular so I can try a ceramic cat/metal cat and resonator/non.

butchered by autocorrect

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Personally, I'll be going with UR. They're 304 ss which jives better with my salty roads and especially important is that they're modular so I can try a ceramic cat/metal cat and resonator/non.

butchered by autocorrect

Not the cat. The only modular part about the dp is the resonator or blank pipe.

The cat is welded to the dp. So make your choice accordingly. I own a UR TBE.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
UR
42DD
APR
AWE
BB

bigpun

Ready to race!
From my research i have done over various forums and talking to many ppl I have chosen APR DP. I am sure they are others that might disagree with me, but the reputation APR has in VW/Audi performance mod/tune arena is crazy and there products quality and craftsmanship is top notch.

GOOD LUCK!!!!

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Not the cat. The only modular part about the dp is the resonator or blank pipe.

The cat is welded to the dp. So make your choice accordingly. I own a UR TBE.

Good call, thanks :thumbsup:

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk HD

John@Unitronic

Go Kart Champion
Choosing a downpipe can be difficult, especially with the amount of optons available on the market. It's a matter of choosing one that fits your budget, provides the features that matter to you, has the build quality that you require, etc.

Although it does not come with a resonator, take a look at our 3" Downpipe:

Our objective was to create the absolute highest quality product without sacrifice or corners cut. While the image above highlights some of the unique aspects of our downpipe, sometimes it can be overwhelming for end-users to make a choice, as most all downpipes utilize different material specifications, feature different designs in the mounting brackets, cat and o2 placement, craftsmanship quality, etc.

What sets our downpipe apart from all the rest?

Our downpipes feature T316 Stainless Steel flanges (turbo discharge and v-band flanges). In comparison, similarly configured competitors' downpipes are equipped with mild steel, chrome coated flanges. Additionally, when coupling our v-band flanges with a generic Clampco, Vibrant, or similar v-band clamp, the connections seeped exhaust gasses, creating a slight exhaust leak. Clearly, releasing a product in that form is unacceptable, therefore, we contracted Clampco to produce our own proprietary v-band clamps that match the profile of our flanges to ensure a proper seal. You'll notice that each of our clamps have engravings of Clampco's branding, as well as Unitronic's part number. Our oxygen sensor bungs are properly positioned, matching the factory locations resulting in a stress free mounting of the o2 sensors. Placing the o2's in the factory location will also aid in keeping the catalytic converter below threshold DTC from triggering, although no guarantees are made due to the nature of going from two 800-cell cat's to a single 200-cell high flow metallic cat. Finally, an OEM-inspired catalytic converter heat-shield was incorporated into our design, unlike any other similarly configured products, to dissipate heat from radiating into the cabin. The OEM downpipe also features a similar heat-shield above the catalytic converter.

The above are just a few. For a full listing of our downpipes' specifications, please follow this link: http://www.unitronic-chipped.com/store/products/exhausts/unitronic-2-0l-tfsi-tsi-3-downpipe-fwd.html

We recently have installed quite a few of these at HQ, so I should have some sound clips available very shortly, in case you were wondering if it would be too loud without a resonator.