GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR Golf R Stage2+ VS APR K04 Gti Stage2+

GTi Guy1

Ready to race!
I have always wondered about the result of this race since both cars have the same K04 tubro and tune.
Fortunately, i had the chance to participate in this race. As said in the title Mk6 Golf R and Gti each car mods as following :

Golf R Mods:

APR Tune
Revo Downpipe
Milltek Catback
GFB+ Diverter
Intake system
HPFP

Golf Gti mods :

APR Tune
APR K04 v3.1
APR Downpipe
APR Carbonio Intake
Spulen outlet & inlet pipes

see what happens here :

APR Golf R Stage2+ VS APR K04 Gti Stage2+

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F8mkSPSraeA&feature=youtu.be

Enjoy ..​

XGC75

Go Kart Champion
Is the R DSG? In the states we only got manual.

Good comparo, though. Cool to see the EA888 alongside the EA113 like that. New gen appears to be a touch better when set up similarly. I don't think the AWD is making much of a difference here - it's only applying power to the rear wheels off launch. Then it's just spinning the input shaft of the haldex clutch. Edit: there's the weight penalty, too.

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
no dig runs? would have liked to see this race from a launch :)

09GTIJOE

Go Kart Champion
I would also recommend the DSG tune for you, definitely helps when racing the long stretches. higher shift points, shorts gear to run will get you there faster (IMO)

menios80

Ready to race!
I just finished my mk6 k04 awd swap.The car is like an R with dsg and EA888 engine!!this would be an interesting comparison. :) if i find a similar test in Greece i will try to see what happens!!Good runs by the way... :)

GTi Guy1

Ready to race!
Is the R DSG? In the states we only got manual.

Good comparo, though. Cool to see the EA888 alongside the EA113 like that. New gen appears to be a touch better when set up similarly. I don't think the AWD is making much of a difference here - it's only applying power to the rear wheels off launch. Then it's just spinning the input shaft of the haldex clutch. Edit: there's the weight penalty, too.

Yes , both cars are DSG. The R suffer less wheelspin than the gti which gives it a great launch but proceeding to high speeds the awd will be a disadvantage in power distribution and weight.