GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

13' GTI vs 12' TSX SE k24

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
Hey guys,

I have a coworker that wants to race me. He has a bone stock TSX. Looking at the numbers I highly doubt he can win but has anyone else on here raced a TSX before.

His confidence makes me nervous haha. Mods In sig.

Thanks guys

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
i mean a bone stock TSX.... i cant think of any reason why you cant win...And you have a DSG too....

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
I just see those videos of the tuned SI's keeping up with stage 2 GTI's lol... kinda scary. I'm still getting a hang of who I can and cannot beat on my GTI.

iwannagofast

Not a Newbie
According to Car and Driver: Curb weight 3600lbs, 0-60 8.1s, 1/4 mile 16.4@87mph. You will destroy him, he must be extremely ignorant towards cars and their potential in general to give him any air of confidence.

syonxwf

Go Kart Champion
If it's the 4 cyl version at 201hp, you'll be close to a second and a half faster in the 1/4, and more than a second faster to 60. Doesn't seem like a match up to me.

Even if he had the v6, you'd probably still pull on him slightly.

Please report back with your results.

Edit: My numbers might be off, I looked up the 2010, and apparently the 2012 is a little heavier and hence a little slower. You will probably beat him pretty good.

Last edited:

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
If it's the 4 cyl version at 201hp, you'll be close to a second and a half faster in the 1/4, and more than a second faster to 60. Doesn't seem like a match up to me.

Even if he had the v6, you'd probably still pull on him slightly.

Please report back with your results.

Edit: My numbers might be off, I looked up the 2010, and apparently the 2012 is a little heavier and hence a little slower. You will probably beat him pretty good.

and OP is stage 1 + DSG .... vs bone stock TSX with a 5speed AT...
Although the TSX do have a nice interior tho. I like their Bose system too. Plus Xenon is standard. Its a nice car for many people who really not into modding.

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
Its actually a 6 speed TSX. But doubt that will make a difference by the numbers being posted up. I should be at least 225hp/270tq at my current setup.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
I used to have a 2004 TSX with the same k24 engine, you'll smoke him easily, even when you are stock.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
My friend has a K24 civic Si with full exhaust, CAI, and vit viper tune and I pull on him every time we race. I'm stage 1 with boost pipes and clutch(6MT).

Granted he could do an intake mani and injectors but hes looking to go roots style charger.

Vegaslizardman

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok.. Race Happened.. I walked the TSX like it was hauling bricks. Sorry for the thread guys.. Guess my former Honda self was still thinking they were fast.

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
Ok.. Race Happened.. I walked the TSX like it was hauling bricks. Sorry for the thread guys.. Guess my former Honda self was still thinking they were fast.

when i switched from tsx to mk6, I thought my mk6 was really fast stock :laugh: I was also a honda fanboy when i had my tsx, i even thought of an Ep3 hatch before deciding on mk6.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
i was about to destroy a newer tsx type s til he cut me off like a douche on a highway going 80+... must've been upset i was pulling up on him so quick lol

did that TSX seriously had the Type S on it, :lol: there's no such thing as a type s tsx. Though the 2nd gen had the v6 as well.

I can tell you I had to downshift to 3rd to pass a left lane hogger on highway due to no turque on low-mid range, where even in my stock mk6, drop to 5th and done. He's probably in the fast car phase, I was like that as well while I had it until a 1st gen Hyundai Santa Fe kept up lmao.

12bluemk6

Ready to race!
did that TSX seriously had the Type S on it, :lol: there's no such thing as a type s tsx. Though the 2nd gen had the v6 as well.

I can tell you I had to downshift to 3rd to pass a left lane hogger on highway due to no turque on low-mid range, where even in my stock mk6, drop to 5th and done. He's probably in the fast car phase, I was like that as well while I had it until a 1st gen Hyundai Santa Fe kept up lmao.

LOL about the sante fe, yeah I realized my car wasn't fast when I ran the 1/4 mile. anything less than stage 2 is honestly slow as shit. lol

but wait, I swear i have seen a tsx or something similar that is in fact type s, had quad exhaust tips, nice wheels, etc, if i had to guess it was like 2008 ish?

maybe it just had an exhaust and badge lol, but the wheels looked oem...