GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

ChiChat16:Race For 10K Posts - Will Achieve Oct 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
will try on car tomorrow , gti still relatively clean. just dusty since sitting for a month .

:lol::lol::lol:

i laughed out loud

How far are you from Grattan/Gingerman? Also depending how far you are, if something should happen can i tow my car to your house? :thumbsup:

yikes :yikes:

I will be 10*** miles from Grattan... lmao. just looked on google maps. It's right down the road lol.

Jaber

Modero
lol, I remember driving to your place for the first time. Get into Chicago and I had 3 miles left and it said 15 minutes on GPS. Took 45 in reality, was so pissed off lol.

It was the opposite for me when I went out to my buddies house in Loves Park IL (close to Rockford), while I lived in Chicago. We would go do quick errands and he would drive 15-20 miles, but we would get there real fast :laugh: "Thought you said it was around the corner!"

Just got buyers extension request, looks like closing attempt #2 will be next Friday. Sucks parking out in the street :laugh: Inlaws offered me a spot inside the garage, once they clean it out. But then I have to move cars from the driveway to get anywhere, not sure if worth the hassle.

OmniGLH

Autocross Newbie
yeah, aware lol.

And thanks! first one i found in my price range with everything I want. only a 40 minute drive from work doe lolol

40 mins lol

I would kill for that

Traffic was unusually light this morning, got to the office in 1:20.

Phur

Autocross Champion
Have you gotten your car out yet Jay?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
You sucky SOB. I expect you'll be at every track day there next season.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

hehe yeah, it'll be next summer. This summer I has no funds since I has a house and wedding to pay for lol. Might be able to make one event.

Phur

Autocross Champion
It sounds like fucking Rice Krispies outside. [emoji15]

Jaber

Modero
My current commute is 6 minutes. that's right SIX minutes.

Damn son, damn. For the longest time, my commute has been less than 10 miles. At the moment it's like 8 miles, but it takes anywhere from 30-50 minutes. Why my GTI has low miles, compared to others, I'm just about to hit 40k. Although with the new house, that will change soon.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Damn son, damn. For the longest time, my commute has been less than 10 miles. At the moment it's like 8 miles, but it takes anywhere from 30-50 minutes. Why my GTI has low miles, compared to others, I'm just about to hit 40k. Although with the new house, that will change soon.

Yeah, no affordable housing and not a good neighborhood where i work doe... Going out of the GR area makes it affordable and more quiet lol. I'm about to roll over 100k!! currently at 98500 or something like that.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Have you gotten your car out yet Jay?

bleeding them the old-fashioned way? Have you gotten you BBK rebuilt yet? lol

I have a motiv power bleeder. I guess that's old fashioned?

No I don't have the rebuild parts yet. I wasn't anticipating needing to drive the car this soon so I took the brakes apart about a month ago. Now I need to put em back on and fill it with some crappy fluid just to drive for a day and then re build em and put the expensive SRF in.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Having been to grattan quite a few times though.... damn that's pretty remote. What's there for a young newlywed couple to do?

I grew up in Rockford so it's familiar area. There's a racetrack down the street, and she actually wants to go along when I can afford to go lol. There is a small pub in town and a chinese place. 10 minute drive to Rockford where there's more stuff and like 25-30 from GR.

Status
Not open for further replies.