GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

New RCD330 Plus Headunit with Mirrorlink/Carplay

FndrStrat06

Passed Driver's Ed
@EGR-guy
Have you noticed any issues on that hardware/firmware version

Anyone can answer this actually. It seems like
187b with Hardware 534 software 5314 Bluetooth c180 is the most popular version with minimal bugs. Just want to make sure before I pull the tigger. Its between that one and one running 5514 with c210

Thanks

I have hardware 534. It was delivered with 5514/C210 but I had to downgrade becasue Siri was broken.

I'm now running HW534, SW5314 and C180, and while CarPlay works fine, I sometimes have trouble getting my iPhone to connect. I'm using a brand new OEM lightening cable too, and sometimes it just says, "Connection failed," and I have to try it over and over to get it to work. Occasionally I even have to hard reset the head unit. Also, in order to get bluetooth to connect I have to turn it off and on again on my iPhone, then it works fine. It won't connect by itself though.

It's pretty frustrating, honestly. 5314 has bluetooth problems, but Siri works fine. 5514 has no bluetooth problems, but Siri is completely broken. I can't win, apparently.

Atsiki

Passed Driver's Ed
I have hardware 534. It was delivered with 5514/C210 but I had to downgrade becasue Siri was broken.

I'm now running HW534, SW5314 and C180, and while CarPlay works fine, I sometimes have trouble getting my iPhone to connect. I'm using a brand new OEM lightening cable too, and sometimes it just says, "Connection failed," and I have to try it over and over to get it to work. Occasionally I even have to hard reset the head unit. Also, in order to get bluetooth to connect I have to turn it off and on again on my iPhone, then it works fine. It won't connect by itself though.

It's pretty frustrating, honestly. 5314 has bluetooth problems, but Siri works fine. 5514 has no bluetooth problems, but Siri is completely broken. I can't win, apparently.

Same like my iPhone to for connect , sometimes says connection filed or unlock your phone after restart then work.. but not always , sometimes. I dont know why
My HW: 541
Sw:5314

spicypiel

Ready to race!
This isn't unique to carplay, android auto exhibits the same - as with others the newer software worked well but the call echo bug was too big to ignore, it was making the whole setup unusable. Older 5314 works well apart from the volume mixer being poor and usb connection being flakey sometimes...

Let's hope for a 6xxx build at some point? I think we'll be stuck with this for a while, at least it's not an awful AM/FM radio (though saving presets isn't great) and looks the part...

FndrStrat06

Passed Driver's Ed
This isn't unique to carplay, android auto exhibits the same - as with others the newer software worked well but the call echo bug was too big to ignore, it was making the whole setup unusable. Older 5314 works well apart from the volume mixer being poor and usb connection being flakey sometimes...

Let's hope for a 6xxx build at some point? I think we'll be stuck with this for a while, at least it's not an awful AM/FM radio (though saving presets isn't great) and looks the part...

Good to know that it's not a CarPlay or even an iPhone issue. If the same thing happens with Android Auto, it's definitely the head unit that's the problem. I agree, the echo/feedback bug made Siri unusable, which makes CarPlay pretty much useless. The occasional connection issues are a bit easier to live with.

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Good to know that it's not a CarPlay or even an iPhone issue. If the same thing happens with Android Auto, it's definitely the head unit that's the problem. I agree, the echo/feedback bug made Siri unusable, which makes CarPlay pretty much useless. The occasional connection issues are a bit easier to live with.

With me, android auto assistant voice wasn't echoing or feedback issues, it was phonecalls themselves, the other end could hear themselves with perfect clarity just delayed.

Was basically useless for handsfree calls which is an important thing to have working...

It just feels like a month of sustained debugging/development work would polish this up but it does make me wonder if VW are the ones doing the software and the other companies are merely making the units (distributed supply chain of sorts) or if they're relying on them to patch the software too - given the MIB2-ish looks of the device you'd think VW were doing it but I've been surprised by clone efforts in the past.

FndrStrat06

Passed Driver's Ed
It just feels like a month of sustained debugging/development work would polish this up but it does make me wonder if VW are the ones doing the software and the other companies are merely making the units (distributed supply chain of sorts) or if they're relying on them to patch the software too - given the MIB2-ish looks of the device you'd think VW were doing it but I've been surprised by clone efforts in the past.

My guess is that these units are hacked to hell and back. If they are, in fact, OEM VW parts, they are way, way too buggy. Then again, MyFord Touch was a nightmare, and was much worse...

spicypiel

Ready to race!
Oh I can believe it, my leased mk7 with a MIB1 was terrible for the first 6 months and the dealer was putting SDcards in it often enough to get the dealership reclassified as a brothel.

Crngiar

Hi guys
i am the Crngiar form the aliexpress

i see some one blame to me about the andorid auto unit

so i can share some photo about the fact

the firmware is 5314 is also i share on the internet to my buyer updating the unit for fix the issue

you can see the time i share to the other

and the firware 5515, this is just for test in 187B , because the uboot.bin is just for 1GB Ram unit , so it not can used in 512MB no name brand unit
when i share to the others

i have tell the other this is just for test see the photo

and for the guys

i don't want to tell anymore to him, i have give the answer all about the unit and send the file he want

he do the business with the the other seller aidu, there is not have the problem , this is he choice

https://feedback.aliexpress.com/dis...51971270&companyId=742740630&memberType=buyer

the guys can see he buy the units form the aidu, he said he buy the 187E Y510 unit form the aidu, buy he not buy it , just buy the unit which software is 5314

don't blame me

you can do business with anyone you want , but you not my choice

i don't shall the firmware to the others anymore form now on

Last edited:

GtiJase

Passed Driver's Ed
the guys said Y510 is not have the issue

but see his buy listing , he not buy the 187E with the software Y510

why he can said that is all ok ?

Sorry I don't know about him , the one I got from you is

HW : 534
SW: 5314
Bluetooth : 210

Thank you for you super fast service.

I would be quite interested if you could tell us any other information about these system's, Why are there so many different models and is the firmware developed by VW.

Please don't listen to one person who is causing a problem we would all love to know more about these units.

Crngiar

I would be quite interested if you could tell us any other information about these system's, Why are there so many different models and is the firmware developed by VW.

Please don't listen to one person who is causing a problem we would all love to know more about these units.

see this information
Designation: RCD340 +, R340 +

Languages: English, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian

Part number: 6RD 035 187B

Manufacturer: Visteon
RAM: 512 MB
HW: 534

supports:
carplay
Android car
Mirror link
RDS (station name small under the frequency)

keys:

radio Phone
Media app
[Microphone] Set up

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Part Number: 6RF 035 187E (have english)

* there seem to be several versions with different endings (187C etc ..) in different languages

Manufacturer: Visteon
RAM: 512 MB
SW: 5515
HW: 555

supports:
carplay
Android car
Mirror link
RDS (station name big)

keys:

radio Phone
Media app
[Microphone] Set up

like this the unit 187B is just have 51MB ram

the unit 187E is the brand for russian

187C is the brand for india

both them is the same hradware and the software

187C/187E have 1Gb ram ,187B just have the 512MB

so they used the 5515 test firmware block his unit

Crngiar

all the 187B brand unit have 512MB ram

the ram chip is NT5CC256M16DP you can check the ram size with google

my vw supply modify the uboot.bin

so that 5515 brand software can used in the 187B with 512MB ram

if anyone tell you that the 187B with 1GB ram

he just fake you

GtiJase

Passed Driver's Ed
all the 187B brand unit have 512MB ram

the ram chip is NT5CC256M16DP you can check the ram size with google

my vw supply modify the uboot.bin

so that 5515 brand software can used in the 187B with 512MB ram

if anyone tell you that the 187B with 1GB ram

he just fake you

Thank you for the information that was interesting to know the different model numbers are for the different countries.

Do you think they will release firmware upgrades for the B unit in the future ??

Crngiar

Thank you for the information that was interesting to know the different model numbers are for the different countries.

Do you think they will release firmware upgrades for the B unit in the future ??

usually when the unit release to about 10months to 1 year

there will be release the new software to fix the issue we meet