GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Powdercoated Boxster 986 Calipers for NQSBBK

lleron

Ready to race!
SOLD

I had this set powdercoated by a local shop who didn't mask them properly when sandblasting and coating the calipers. I bought a replacement set in the mean-time while they sent them to a local brembo rebuilder who cleaned the bores and rebuilt them with brand new seals and refurbished pistons and pressure tested them.

They've not been installed since and include a used set of brake pads from the original boxster (which I would probably replace) and all hardware including an extra set of pistons and the original seals and brake wear sensors as well as a set of brembo stickers. To mount these you'll need a set of brake lines with the flare for these calipers and the creations motorsports brackets. These fit the OEM rotors, so for ~$500 you can have a great brake set up with better feel.

More information here for those unfamiliar with the setup: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36589

Last edited:

gti3527

Passed Driver's Ed
310 shipped/paypalled

I had this set powdercoated by a local shop who didn't mask them properly when sandblasting and coating the calipers. I bought a replacement set in the mean-time while they sent them to a local brembo rebuilder who cleaned the bores and rebuilt them with brand new seals and refurbished pistons and pressure tested them.

They've not been installed since and include a used set of brake pads from the original boxster (which I would probably replace) and all hardware including an extra set of pistons and the original seals and brake wear sensors as well as a set of brembo stickers. To mount these you'll need a set of brake lines with the flare for these calipers and the creations motorsports brackets. These fit the OEM rotors, so for ~$500 you can have a great brake set up with better feel.

Pm'd you... Do these fit with stock wheels?

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

lleron

Ready to race!
FYI for those interested, these will need 5-10mm spacers depending on the stock wheel. I have 8mm which clear the stock golf R wheels and may have been able to get away with 5mm.

lleron

Ready to race!
So I understand correctly, these were rebuilt or need to be rebuilt?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

They were fully rebuilt with new seals, dust seals, and refurbished pistons after they cleaned up the bores and were then pressure tested. They haven't been mounted or run at all since the rebuild. The seals to rebuilt these are ~$160+ alone.

ZiggyMKVI

Ready to race!
Man i would jump on these if I hadn't bought a motorcycle last month.

Bump for a good price