GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

XZT's K04 CSG GTI & Garage Build

XZT123

Ready to race!
Welcome to my first build thread!

About myself
I'm a 27 year old guy from Tennessee. I'm work as a Computer Engineer full time, and I am also working on my master's degree in Computer Science.

In April '12, I bought a 2011 CSG Autobahn GTI w/DSG. I've always liked VW GTIs and decided that I'd replace my 2008 Black Civic Si Coupe. The primary advantages of the GTI are 4 doors, utility of the hatch, awesome interior, and turbocharged engine which has a lot more torque!

Current Mods:
  • APR Stage 1 software with stock, 91, 93, 100 programs
  • Soundaktor delete
  • Carbonio Stage I + II intake
  • Carbon Fiber Paddle Shifter Extensions
  • Podi Steering Wheel Column Mounted Electronic Boost Gauge
  • Cherry Red Euro LED Tails w/ Rear Fog Light
  • Smoked Side Markers
  • Euro-Blue Tinted Blindspot Mirrors

Planned Mods:
  • APR K04
  • APR Intercooler
  • APR Turboback Exhaust
  • Koni Coilovers
  • And more!

Here's some pictures after I got it
New GTI and my old SI

I need to organize my garage! (I have some plans...)

Hatchback utility!

Already removed their stupid logo!

Last edited:

XZT123

Ready to race!
Within a week of buying it, I bought the stage 1 reflash. Check out what was outside the shop!

So how do you know you are at the right shop for your car?

check out all the cars outside!

XZT123

Ready to race!
Look what showed up today....

I think there are somewhere between 5-10 packages headed my way...

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
I'm glad APR did the packaging finally for the K04. Mine still had the old crumpled paper packaging that was so-so.

Foam is always a plus :D Looking forward to this build. You doing it yourself or are you having a shop do it?

XZT123

Ready to race!
Oh yeah, the K04 was very well packaged. Box was stapled all over the place., and custom made foam. There looked to be extra cutouts in the foam for other stuff, I wondered if it were for their stage 3 kits.

I'm having the shop pictured do it in Maryville, TN. The name of it is 129Euro. So far the owner Adam has been very cool guy. He may change it in the future, but he charged me nothing extra for the reflash. When I was there, he had just done a stage 3+ build on another customer's GTI.

In general, very cool guy, small business, :thumbup:

Last edited:

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
:thumbup::w00t::clap:

XZT123

Ready to race!
More stuff arrived + Tint

Saturday I drove to Volkswagen to get some parts for my car. When I bought it some vent trim was missing, and the cord strap for the cargo cover broke! I found out that the only Huper Optik dealer in TN was nearby and he said he'd tint my windows on Saturday! I got Huper 30 all around..

While I was around Nashville, some more stuff arrived....

Ok, so I was going to let my mechanic install everything but who can resist a carbon fiber intake sitting in the basement?

WOW! After installing it, I can hear the diverter valve so well. I've heard it makes it easier to hear the turbo.. but I didn't know I would be able to hear the diverter valve so well. Rev it up let off the gas and Pshhhhh... awesome.

XZT123

Ready to race!
Huper Optik Tint

Here's some pictures of the tint

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
lookn' good!

XZT123

Ready to race!
Oh yeah, got my carbon fiber shift paddle extensions installed.. they do help move the paddles closer to your finger tips, as well as extend the range you can use them. I'm not sure if they are real carbon fiber, but they look close enough if they aren't. Got them off ebay for $40

XZT123

Ready to race!
More updates

A lot more stuff has been arriving in the mail

Podi Boost Gauge!

Installation photos

Don't do this! Put the filter under the dash or it will melt like mine did! I had to replace it after 1 drive.

Finished! (Sorry no wiring pictures)

XZT123

Ready to race!
Even more stuff

More Stuff! :laugh:

Can anyone guess what this is?

And... tail lights, euro blue side mirrors, smoked markers, laminx fog light film, and APR badge ! :drool:

So Tuesday was my b-day... even though I got all this my wife was nice enough to buy me something I've been wanting...

Mirrors installed

Do you guys think the pictures are too big? I'm using Picasa for the first time, default width is pretty wide.. but it shows up ok on my monitor in portrait mode (but landscape probably not).

Last edited:

chinqutie

Go Kart Champion
nice pick up on the fk wheel tree. i wanted one too but i was looking for the one with wheels.