GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Multiple Directions, One Goal - George11's GTI

Stadpad

Go Kart Champion
Car is back from the body shop, with the fog light shrouds complete. So I did mine in a semi-gloss finish, I semi like it and semi want the whole front lower grill to be gloss black. Though at the moment I am going to live with it, any opinions? BTW the images were edited to show the detail of the shrouds, the anthracite blends more in with the black if not edited in photos.

:impressive:

George11

Ready to race!

TY, I need to head down to SD for the meet again.

Every time I wax my car or go to a local car or vw meet, I wish I bought Tornado Red over Candy White. There is an over abundance of Candy White GTI's and Golf's in the SoCal area.

I am about to buy tires again, though I only need 2, I have Bridgestone RE760's they performed just as a review that I cannot find anymore :mad0259:. Which is that they are great dry and wet, though at the tail end of their life the grip fades. I am down to the last 1 or 2 32nds of thread left and they don't grip as they did when new. I look forward to replacing them soon with another set of RE760's.

George11

Ready to race!
Bought a used Osir front lip this a while back, honestly need to use my slr over my potato quality phone. Though the lip has a small chip I am happy with it. Honestly the price of it was reasonable and like anything new it will eventually get damaged.

George11

Ready to race!
Spulen catch can bought on black friday and stage 2 going to be done on Monday at HG Motorsports.

George11

Ready to race!
Yeah would have been cool to have the fogs shining through the shrouds. I guess some custom work could fix that.

Well thanks to this thread :http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97321

I am taking steps towards LED DRL's through the shrouds. deAutoKey is giving a timeline of around January. So at the start of January I hope to have my shroud and lower valence painted gloss black.

My stage 2 upgrade has been halted due to an ECM recall by VW that I will be taking care of tomorrow. Luckily it helped me save 10% on the tune due to APR's December sale.

George11

Ready to race!
Finally! Stage 2, though I did not get to test it much. On my way home while driving the 15 freeway my rear tire got punctured and had to throw on the spare. I wish I took a photo of the puncture since it was so big, the size of a bic pen. Also there was on and off rain which in California means watch out cause no one knows how to drive.

I got a quote for painting the front of my car though I will not get it done until January 11th due to their schedule.

Apple_kid

Passed Driver's Ed
Noticed you got rid of the roof wrap. Did it start peeling or were you over it? Looking to get mine done in San Diego as well.

George11

Ready to race!
Noticed you got rid of the roof wrap. Did it start peeling or were you over it? Looking to get mine done in San Diego as well.
The shorter version is that it started peeling. I will be redoing it though have not researched places though know of one because of a detailer near Mira Mesa.

Longer answer is that the installer is a friend of Blue batmobile overlays, he over cut the antenna hole. Though the fix of adding a small piece of vinyl started to peel. When I pulled the vinyl off it was semi scratched from time which I did not like, it had not faded from uv.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

George11

Ready to race!
Definitely going to need to do a clutch and LSD swap in the next 2 weeks. The clutch slip is bad, it is not a surprise. Glad the stock clutch lasted this long with no service needed.

George11

Ready to race!
So tempted to trade in my car and upgrade to something "better". There is a MK6 Golf R at a decent price near me in 2 door, Tornado Red that I have been eyeing. The idea of not being full time FWD sounds good with the R, though I know the MK7 R is even better. Though if I am on that budget I have a rather interesting range of cars to choose from.

Locke

Ready to race!
Hehehe ah yes this dilemma. Focus RS?
Definitely test drive it, I've heard that the mk6 R isn't as lively as the GTI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

George11

Ready to race!
Hehehe ah yes this dilemma. Focus RS?
Definitely test drive it, I've heard that the mk6 R isn't as lively as the GTI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Focus RS nice choice, I have not thought of that one. I also like the BMW Z4 M coupe or the previous Z3 M coupe.

George11

Ready to race!
Late night wash, new RSR clutch and wavetrac appointment set for beginning of January. I will stick to my old plan of keeping the car for at least 2 more years, though my mind sometimes circles the idea of buying something else.