GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 GTI ko4 walks? ?

zrickety

The Fixer
I'm running the old version 2? K04 file...there is no drop off at 4k. The guy that says a minivan will beat you to 35 is crazy. Besides the dogbone, consider the rear position lower control arm bushings, you can get them from Whiteline separately from the anit-lift kit. Really hooks up the front end.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I don't know why everyone knocks FWD for dig racing. I have zero problems with traction when launching. All you need is a LSD and sticky tires.

Sauce118

Ready to race!
I don't know why everyone knocks FWD for dig racing. I have zero problems with traction when launching. All you need is a LSD and sticky tires.

No offense at all, but on a stage 2 car, there really isn't much added hp/trq to have to worry about it. When adding an additional 50 hp to the car, an LSD and tires should be more than enough.. But once you get above 300 or even 350-500 range, it becomes very hard to put that power down from a dig. If I don't baby first and second gear I barely move. Then, I normally spin third till it hooks then I'm off. BT builds might be a little more forgiving because most custom tunes can use progressive boost maps which limits the boost in lower gears and helps traction a lot. But right now I am still k04 running the 100 oct file daily and I have a hell of a time putting my low gears down from a dig. And as you can see in signature, I have damn near every suspension mod (within reason) you can have.

Jlove8128

Ready to race!
OP check your part number on the map sensor. If it’s a 3 bar you have the new tune.

I don’t have any experience with the old tune, but the new tune falls on its face when I am running through gears. When I shift from third to fourth at full throttle it dies and I have to let off for 5 seconds then can get back on it. This is maddening. One I look like I missed a gear. 2 it has made loose to cars I was walking easily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
I'm running the old version 2? K04 file...there is no drop off at 4k. The guy that says a minivan will beat you to 35 is crazy. Besides the dogbone, consider the rear position lower control arm bushings, you can get them from Whiteline separately from the anit-lift kit. Really hooks up the front end.

haha im on the 3.1 file with a WALK and just a dogbone insert and I was joking that they'll beat you to 35 because they can just floor it and get everything their vehicle has to give while im managing wheelspin.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
wasnt this thread supposed to be about what cars you can beat on the street?

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
He did mention Stage 2 APR in the beginning. He probably just left the + off the end, otherwise K04 is called Stage2+.

I haven't raced jack just about since I got my k04 installed but I also haven't had much time with it before the cold weather settled in and I had to change to my winter tires. I'm also still on stock intercooler. I need to upgrade that before the summer otherwise it'll bog bad.

I'd say you will impress people on the highway when you can pull strong but it's still not the greatest drag car in the world if that is what you are looking for. GTI is good at everything but great at nothing, lol.

Jeffs2013GTI

Drag Race Newbie
These type of posts are interesting to me to see everyone's opinions.

So much depends on your cars set up. Sure you listed your mods but there is so much more to that. Mods not done properly, like suspension work and such can actually make your car handle worse, but if this is a drag race, may not matter so much.

Most fast FWD cars I have seen have SUPER sticky tires, I mean with a DOT of 140 or less. To get traction to the ground.

If your DSG and you use LC and have sticky tires? I think you would be hard to beat, you would be consistent too.

If you come across another modded car, for example my old car was a modded Evo 9 MR. I had a 2 step launch control on it, and basically off the line? Nothing could catch me. Dont care what you drove.

So pick your battles wisely. Have fun and be safe. The GTI seems to have a good platform from what I am reading, but its still FWD and has its limitations like any car.

If your racing off a roll, then things are different. I just think that is silly racing from a roll :iono:

If you want to race, do it right, go to the track and do it. Street stuff is stupid :fighting0030:

Jeff