GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Das Build.

vw4evan

Passed Driver's Ed
Where are you going to be in Pittsburgh? Is there a small GTG? I would be interested in stopping by...

Pittsburgh has been a tough spot to plan. Is there a big scene there that you know?

@Bender:
Probably around 6-6:30pm

MofoG23

Ready to race!
Pittsburgh has been a tough spot to plan. Is there a big scene there that you know?

@Bender:
Probably around 6-6:30pm

I'm pretty sure there is, but have not been to anything recently (last several years).

Trackaholic

Passed Driver's Ed
Great Install Video.

I noticed that the engine redline is now ~7000 RPM. Were any changes done to the internals to allow the higher speed, or are the stock internals stout enough to handle that speed as long as the turbo/ecu/injectors can keep up?

-T

GTI Joe

Passed Driver's Ed
Great Install Video.

I noticed that the engine redline is now ~7000 RPM. Were any changes done to the internals to allow the higher speed, or are the stock internals stout enough to handle that speed as long as the turbo/ecu/injectors can keep up?

-T

Trackaholic, also in stock configuration the engine reaches the 7k mark on the rev counter and the limiter does not enter in function at all. This is true on both Manual and DSG gearboxes ;)

I used to stop on 6k RPMs then I saw the acceleration of a DSG version and in S it changed over 7k, IIRC 7200 so I tried once on my car and the needle si able to go that higher!!!

Trackaholic

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks for the info GTI Joe.

The phrasing of your last sentence made me laugh a little, because I'm not worried how high the needle can go, but rather how high the engine can go. But of course I understand your point! Looking at dyno charts, it seems that the engine is loosing power approaching redline anyway, so it might not be much faster to let it spin that high unless you have a larger turbo, larger injectors, etc, but at a track it can be nice to have that extra headroom so you can mange your shift points more effectively.

Thanks again for the response.

-T