GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Metric Autosport offical thread!!

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
Brian, thanks for hunting down the boost leaks. Now weren't you going to price some hardware for me?

MFactory Helical Limited Slip Differential

The above in particular, but also a heavier than stock pulley that's internally damped; a something metalic to protect the soft underbelly of my Q2e turbo yaris ricer.

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion

Metric Autosport

Passed Driver's Ed
TT RS clutch installed on a GLI

This GLI has a k04 turbo running on the stock clutch and was in need of a stronger clutch.
We decided to go with the Audi TT RS pressure plate and a custom made organic clutch.
The clutch feels much better then the stock one and is no longer slipping.

Audi TT RS pressure plate

Custom made organic clutch

Metric Autosport

Passed Driver's Ed
Timing Chain tensioner update

Out with the old and in with the new. It's always nice to have peace of mind knowing that you have the updated timing chain tensioner.
Before

After

Last edited:

hrdboiled

Passed Driver's Ed
I also brought my car here for tensioner update a couple weeks ago. Brian is awesome and really knows his stuff. His quote to replace it was super reasonable. He also found a couple other things I needed to fix. I used to go to the other place in HB but will be bringing my car here from now on. I feel his customer service and pricing are above and beyond. Give him a call.

Metric Autosport

Passed Driver's Ed
MFactory LSD install

Installed a MFactory LSD in a 2010 GTI 6mt. This is one of the more overlooked modifications that is crucial to put power to the ground and improve handling performance.

Drilling out the factory rivets on the stock differential.

MFactory LSD ready for ring gear installation.

Torquing the ring gear on the new LSD.

LSD ready to be installed back in the transmission.

LSD installed in the transmission.

bryngutierrez46

Ready to race!
Installed a MFactory LSD in a 2010 GTI 6mt. This is one of the more overlooked modifications that is crucial to put power to the ground and improve handling performance.

Drilling out the factory rivets on the stock differential.

MFactory LSD ready for ring gear installation.

Torquing the ring gear on the new LSD.

LSD ready to be installed back in the transmission.

LSD installed in the transmission.
How much for something like that ?

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

stevenchkim

Go Kart Champion
2010 Manual tranny GTI? Thas me!

Ohai, do the LSD. I didn't for the longest because I didn't know what the $1,500 or so all told got me for the money. Plus the longer I waited, the longer I thought, why spend so much money on an aging car? Why not put the $$ towards purchasing a new car? Because I couldn't bear to part with my car (even without LSD for $12k), and now with it, hellz bellz I couldn't part with my car, not for $12k, not for $15k. I just wish now that I had done this way earlier, like in 2010 (lol) and am going to be telling everyone who will listen that if I could do this all over again, I would get K04 and LSD in the 1st year of ownership so I could've enjoyed the experience of owing and driving a front wheel drive beast of a cute hatch for the past 6 yrs. I missed out, screwed myself being penny wise and pound foolish. It is an overlooked mod to be sure. Don't be that guy. Listen to everyone who has it, I mean, who has LSD that says, you don't need it, don't do it? No one I know. If you have any kind of power in a front wheel drive car, an LSD is a must. Way more necessary a mod than coils or brakes or wheels. On a par with the power adders in making this car worth owning. My 2 cents.