GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

AWE Tuning’s Mk6 GTI Performance Catalog

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
I'm curious, the CCB doesn't show a lot of gains (or maybe you all are just more honest about your products) but what size filter does it use? What type of gains do you pick up with say a ko4 rather than the stock turbo? Any other info on temps or comparisons vs. carbonio, unitronic? Etc? Temp logs?

We advertise realistic gains laid down on our Mustang dyno. We have not done any dyno testing with a k04 setup or any of our competitors intakes.

I have another question. Why do you guys play stupid when asked about your f23 file? We all know you have it. I have asked three times now, got the run around twice and no response once. You know a lot of people will be using that turbo before the ko4 soon right? Might as well make some money off the file.

I recommend contacting GIAC about the file, they have all the information about it. If it is a feasible tune, they can send it over to us to flash you. It's not about the money, it's more about it being a safe tune for your vehicle.

FriggenT

Go Kart Champion
We advertise realistic gains laid down on our Mustang dyno. We have not done any dyno testing with a k04 setup or any of our competitors intakes.

I recommend contacting GIAC about the file, they have all the information about it. If it is a feasible tune, they can send it over to us to flash you. It's not about the money, it's more about it being a safe tune for your vehicle.

Honestly Mike, I have asked them. I know there were 2 files released, but I know it's about the fact that the f23 is hundreds of dollars less and even more than their kits they offer. It's really not even so much the tune, as you can use any ko4 file run with an mbc for safety, it's more that they try to steer you to the ko4 or play dumb or just don't get back to you at all. I

I realize this isn't your fault, but you guys do a lot of business with each other. Right now drivermotorsport gets all my tuning business, however, if they were openly selling the ots file then I and many here would consider a switch.

Josh/AWE

Unlocking Performance
Honestly Mike, I have asked them. I know there were 2 files released, but I know it's about the fact that the f23 is hundreds of dollars less and even more than their kits they offer. It's really not even so much the tune, as you can use any ko4 file run with an mbc for safety, it's more that they try to steer you to the ko4 or play dumb or just don't get back to you at all. I

I realize this isn't your fault, but you guys do a lot of business with each other. Right now drivermotorsport gets all my tuning business, however, if they were openly selling the ots file then I and many here would consider a switch.

I will reach out to GIAC right now and touch base, see what we can do.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie

Not to harp on you man, because I know it seems like I do, but the information you are looking for on this "magical GIAC F23T file" has already been given.

Two people with totally different setups (intercooler, exhaust, intake, etc.) were effectively custom tuned by GIAC. A few other people tried to get tuned but if I remember correctly GIAC could not get a satisfactory tune. There were inconsistencies with the waste gate actuator pre-load settings which made boost control difficult, as well as the test cars having boost leaks, and so on.

GIAC did this tuning to explore the possibility of supporting the F23T but because of the difficulty they had, they dropped it. If they are playing stupid or avoiding answering your questions, that sucks I agree, but I remember someone saying that they weren't interested in handing out any files for F23T setups they had because it was not an OTS tune, and would potentially have major issues if treated like that. GIAC is a reputable company, and probably isn't interested in sticking their neck out for liability reasons.

Maybe Mike will give you a totally different answer, but I doubt it.

EDIT: Post from Austin @ GIAC 1-29-14: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1599695&postcount=530

Could just be hearsay, but there is this: http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1941590&postcount=1045 (GIAC dropped the F23T for LOBA turbos)

Last edited:

SoWalGTI

Autocross Champion
Mike,

Any chances of getting all the image links updated in the first post of this thread where you outline all of the product offerings and info? I think it would really help with sales. Looks pretty wonky/broken right now.

2012TP

Drag Racing Champion
+1 for AWE customer service. Overnighting me a replacement part at no charge. That's how it's done.

DarienMidnight

Ready to race!
I'm in MD . Why is it that my performance dealer is saying I will fail emissions if I Do not get o2 spacer and stock file for a stage 2 flash and DP. I'm currently running a stage 1 APR. My catback is AWE. Can someone answer me . If the AWE Downpipe can be fitted on and need nothing else and still pass emissions I might as well go with AWE TBE.

Also i love my AWE CBE. But it is too quiet for me and I noticed it eliminates the DSG farts for my car unless I go WOT. Has anyone ever cut the resonator off the AWE CBE or is that a bad idea?

brobst

Go Kart Champion
Downpipe changes your emissions. Stg 2 usually turns off the o2 sensor reading. The spacer basically angles the o2 sensor such that when you run stock file, it thinks the emissions with the aftermarket dp are correct. This allows you to pass emission test.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk