GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Turbo rebuild services in CT

redubbed

Ready to race!
Can anyone recommend a good place to have a K04 serviced in or around CT? I've a K04 that seems to be leaking from the center section & I want to have it checked out.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
In for info. I don't know of any shops in CT that rebuild/service turbos. But that doesn't mean anything.

United Motorsports might do it or know a shop that does. Could be worth a call. They are a software company for VW's.

GreyGti1990

Ready to race!
Oh yup, Excelerate is a very good shop too. I've brought my car to them for a couple bigger jobs - good people, great work

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
SS Tuning in Danbury for anything, everything related to VW.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
SS Tuning in Danbury for anything, everything related to VW.

I can vouch for SpeedSport. Excelerate is awesome but every time I get a front toe alignment my steering wheel is always a tad off. SS get's it perfect every time.

redubbed

Ready to race!
Called Speed Sport, they don't rebuild turbos. Greg at Excelerate recommended Boost Lab in FL, so that's where it will likely go if I can't find a local place, which is looking more likely.

www.theboostlab.com

redubbed

Ready to race!
Haven't used them myself, but SoCal Porting seems to have a good rep, as well.

I have. It’s a new turbo that was recently ported/polished & coated by them. Great people, excellent work.

The turbo in question has literally been run for 30 minutes.

It leaks from the center section so I’m sending it to Boost Lab (mentioned above) to have it inspected.

Many thanks though.

aj_law

Go Kart Champion
Called Speed Sport, they don't rebuild turbos.

No shit? Interesting that they don't do that work. Sorry about that.

Guess I should've said "almost" everything, anything.

:cool:

redubbed

Ready to race!
Turns out the CHRA was bad out of the box. Since it’s an HPA unit (their “hybrid” offering), the parts are not genuine Borg Warner. They replaced the center section with a genuine unit & it’s on the way back to me before the week is out.