GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

My car's journey with me

ws6616

Ready to race!
Hello guys, my name is Eryck and this is a thread about my 2013 CW GTI Driver's Edition.

Before I got the GTI, i had a 94 Toyota Previa, a family owned car, for me to commute between home and school, but I totaled it a couple of weeks after I started driving it. The guy in front of me did a sudden stop and i couldn't stop in time. Hit the Escape in the ass, but ended up with a collapsed hood and just a few tiny scratches on the Escape's ass.

Because I had to travel about 15 miles to get to school, i needed a new ride. My cousin was kind enough to give me his 1997 Toyota Camry for free, and told me to do whatever i like i about it. since this is the tread about the GTI, im gonna just go over what i put on the camry briefly:
lights: LED cluster lights, LED interior lights, LED plate lights, LED DRL that works with blinkers, clear lens housing and HID headlights, and LED floor lights
sounds: aftermarket head unit with bluetooth and USB
engine: drop in air filter from KN
suspension and rims: 17" rim with wide tires (forgot the exact numbers) and lowering springs

my passion of cars really started from the camry. those japanese cars are impossible to break, and that's why i had the courage and the balls to mess with it, whether it was electrical or mechanical. but the value of the camry now is less than the cost to do some major parts replacement, and since i need to travel around 30 miles round trip daily, i don't want to risk being stranded on the road.

on christmas eve of last year, i succeeded in transferring from the local community college to a 4 year university. as an incentive and as a reward for working for my family's company, my grandma decided to buy me a new car. i was excited, finally a new car! like i said in my "new owner here" thread at the general discussion forum, i started with a used 2012 GTI and test drove a couple more cars but finally landed in a new 2013 GTI (for details visit my "new owner here" thread at general discussion forum).

im gonna divide my thread in a few sub-topics: major events, mods on the car, mods i want to do, and misc.

this is a thread to share the progress of my GTI and to document the evolution of the car, a place for me to ask questions without starting a new thread in the "general discussion" forum, a place for me to troll and share anything i encountered in life. if you're offended, suck it up; because chances are there will be people who don't like what they read here or what i have in mind for my car. that said, i welcome and constructive suggestions and recommendations, and please enjoy my thread.

Major Events
1/9/2014 - finally test drove the car with my aunt (i did my test drives alone with the sales rep before this) and signed the paper.
About 1600 HR 1/10/2014 - went to dealership with the check and insurance paper for the keys to the car.

1/14/2014 - hit 300 mile mark.

1/15/2014 - took the car to gas station for the first time. Filled it up with 12.5 gallons of 91
1/16/2014 - hit 500 mile mark

(sorry for the bad pic, i was on freeway at night and took it with my cell)
1/20/2014 - First wash+clay bar + wax. Im surprised how dirty the paint was after doing clay bar. now the paint feels smooth as silk. (see post #5 for pics)
1/20/2014 - Key fob leather case + seat inseart

1/24/2014 - windows tinted 35% all around (see post #8 for pics)
1/24/2014 - hit 1k miles (see post #8 for pics)
1/227/2014 - Plates came in the mail and installed them. Also did interior LED

Current Mods On Car
-nothing so far. 500 miles to go before im over the break in period
-1/19/2014: Key fob leather case
-1/19/2014: Seat inserts
-1/27/2014: Interior LED

Future Mods:
-LED tails
-VAG COM: needle scan when starting up, window down via remote, LED DRL off when blinkers on, brake light flash when braking hard, fog light on when turn signal is on, maybe XDS level 2, that's all i can think of now. what else is there to be done?
-Drop in filter before i have $$ for an intake system
-Exhaust upgrade (thinking about going centered exhaust outlet or quad in addition to downpipes and such)
-stage 1 and 2 (either go stage one and then slowly do the hardware upgrade and then 2, or just skip stage 1 and do hardware upgrade and stage 2)
-DSG flash
-Tints
-wrap/ plastidip roof
-LED front turn signals
-fix the plate holes and tow hook plate holder
-euro switch with auto headlight sensor

Last edited:

Tk_mkv1

Go Kart Champion
nice and welcome. quite a present for you! i wouldn't do a plastidip on roof, its gonna stick out like a sore thumb, gloss black wrap is the way to go.

ws6616

Ready to race!
nice and welcome. quite a present for you! i wouldn't do a plastidip on roof, its gonna stick out like a sore thumb, gloss black wrap is the way to go.

yeah after some more research on it and some past experience i decided not to dip the roof.
i did dip the taillights (poor man's mod LOL) and it was a PITA to remove. took me hours.

that said, im gonna hold off the roof wrapping for a while until im tired of the white roof.

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
Definitely a nice present. Welcome! You've got a pretty nice planned mod list there. I definitely agree that wrapping is the way to go if you're just gonna do the roof.

ws6616

Ready to race!
1/18/2014
Washed her for the first time since I took delivery last week.

i was gonna do clay and wax right after wash and dry, but it's getting dark out so i figured ill do that tomorrow and do the wash and dry again before clay and wax.

Last edited:

ws6616

Ready to race!
also today a few things arrived:
leather case for key fob, seat insert, and drop in filter are here. will take pictures later

edit:
pics of what came in today

Last edited:

ws6616

Ready to race!
today i filled her up with some Premium gas from Shell.

and took a photo with my friend's FRS last night while helping him unload his uhaul truck and unpack

Last edited:

ws6616

Ready to race!
today i got tints. 35% all around. i wanted to do darker but i dont want trouble with the law and i want that same color front and back, so i got 35%.

also i hit 1k miles today while on freeway

ws6616

Ready to race!
today i got the plates in the mail, as well as installed LED interior lights (i didn't do floor light. i like them as is when i drive)