GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Motodude310's build thread

Motodude310

Go Kart Champion
So I guess I'm finally doing enough with the car to set up a build thread. I picked up a 2011 4 door red DSG GTI in October 2012. Got it with 19,000 miles on it.

Next on the agenda was a stage 1 tune from APR with full features, to be followed shortly by an SPM track down pipe and a stage 2 tune. The downpipe looks very nice. I didnt feel like the car warranted a full exhaust since it's really not all that fast, plus I didn't want to get annoyed with too much noise over time.

I waited quite a while fir the Forge Twintake to be in stock. About 2 months I believe. The sound it made was really great but the dealership kept giving me grief about the MAF sensor housing so I switched to a Neuspeed intake. Eventually I will be going with the Carbonio. The intake temps with the open filter are definitely higher.

This year is going to be a good year. I ordered an APR K04, SPM V2 Intercooler, Neuspeed K04 discharge pipe, throttle body pipe and the Ohlins Road and Track coilovers. The only thing I'm not installing myself is the turbo, its 0 degrees F out right now with no signs of letting up. But even so I don't think I would have the patience fir that big of a job.

Here are a couple pics of the coilovers the day I got them. They are going on this Sunday.

Just got the SPM Intercooler in today. I'll be installing this in about a two weeks. Here it is.

Last edited: