GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk VI Golf vs...lots?

b00stinmk6

Ready to race!
I have a similar story...Please read ;)
So I guess since I'm really getting into my GTI now, I'll post up some of my experiences, first post here so be gentle!

I'm driving an automatic, DSG, 2.0T.

So along where I go to university, there's a stretch of highway, about...maybe 5-8km long, and this is mostly where I do my car versus.

I've had the experience of going up against probably non-stock E92 M3s, ISF's, C6 Corvettes, Big Turbo Supra's, Lambos and a Ferrarri once.

Most of these are pretty boring, using tiptronic I stay in lower gears to accelerate to about 70-80km/h (in mph that'd be about 45-50?). Usually by then I'm already ahead a few car lengths and I call it quits. Mostly it seems like the people driving these cars don't race properly or just have an off day...cuz on paper I'd be owned by all of them lol

The one really memorable experience was up against a tuned, manual Audi RS6 with bolt ons(Putting down 900whp). On paper I'd get smoked here, but it was nighttime and no cops around, so at a red light I gunned it with tiptronic and smoked the guy (I went sequentially from 1st). He apparently wouldn't go past 2nd or 3rd when he reached about 35mph and by that time I was already at 45-50mph. I beat him by 5+ car lengths easy!

I guess while I'd say I feel bad for all car owners out there, I can't say my little Carbon Grey GTI doesn't hold its own! And yeah, I gotta say the engine sound really does sound awesome...it has potential!

Thanks for listening!

chippedgti

Go Kart Champion
you drive a rabbit...:rolleyes:

Attachments

• 393-riveting-tale-cool-story-bro-image.jpg.png
    393-riveting-tale-cool-story-bro-image.jpg.png
    300.5 KB · Views: 177

DRedman451

Go Kart Champion
man...i had a rabbit with just about everything available short of a c2 turbo kit....the fastest car i beat was a stock mk5 gti...every now and then haha

your story is giving the 2.5 a bad name

BeauG

Ready to race!
Did you ever stop to think they maybe you were nailing the throttle to race them, and they were just casually accelerating away from a stoplight on their evening commute home?

Sounds more realistic.