GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 05-13-2012, 08:13 PM   #57
Modshack
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: '13 Beetle TDi Conv., '14 C7 Chebby
Quote:
Originally Posted by PRND[S] View Post
Fail. That's just going to increase the cost of getting the car fixed.
Whoa!...You really missed the point here. The OP broke the car. It's not a warranty item, nor should it be fixed for free under any circumstances. The OP seems to be taking ownership of the issue, as any Honest person should.
Cheats and scammers can ...GTFO
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #58
XZT123
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: CSG Autobahn GTI w/DSG
Perhaps you should just be honest that you over revved it, and call your car insurance about it. It's an accident, and it damaged your engine. It is not unthinkable that your car insurance would cover it, not your car warranty. I've heard of car insurance covering hydrolock.

Also, DSG can't accidentally down shift overrev because it would be way too easy to do. The computer will not let you down shift past the rev limit. With a DSG compared to a manual there is much less feel of exactly what gear you are in. It would be ridiculous if an extra click of a paddle button could ruin your engine!
XZT123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:41 PM   #59
veedoubleme
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2014 MB C300
Quote:
Originally Posted by XZT123 View Post
Perhaps you should just be honest that you over revved it, and call your car insurance about it. It's an accident, and it damaged your engine. It is not unthinkable that your car insurance would cover it, not your car warranty. I've heard of car insurance covering hydrolock.
State Farm covered my $1800 ECU replacement when I reversed the jumper cables while rushing an early morning jump start.

The big difference would be that my car was stopped, and yours was going approximately 112 mph during a race. May not want to point out the racing part.
veedoubleme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #60
PRND[S]
Formula 5000 Champion

Drives: LSG 2015 Golf R / APR Stage 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modshack View Post
Whoa!...You really missed the point here. The OP broke the car. It's not a warranty item, nor should it be fixed for free under any circumstances. The OP seems to be taking ownership of the issue, as any Honest person should.
Cheats and scammers can ...GTFO
You are interpreting my post incorrectly. Maybe you are taking it out of context, try backing up a few posts or re-read the entire thread.
PRND[S] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 09:07 PM   #61
McQueen77
Banned

Drives: "We only make one thing..."
i related a story similar to this months back, before i was chipped, on one of these to chip or not to chip threads and it went something like this:

i was being shuttled back home from vw pasadena while they fixed my windnoise problem and the driver and i were talking about the gti. he asked me if i was tuned, i said no but that i was thinking about it and he said that a guy recently came in who had the same thing happen as OP. Downshifted from 5th or something doing like 85 into 2nd gear and did some mega damage to his engine. Bent a rod, some other things.. When he brought it in, he put it back to stock and they scanned it and found he was tuned.

VW Pasadena refused to even work on it, period. They also told VW Alhambra about it (same owner).. so the guy was on his own. He tried to play dumb but the tech was like 'no way this kind of damage just happens, had to be drivers fault.' he explained what happened and they sent him packing. This is how it was told to me. Dont know how much truth is in it.

Keep us posted though OP. Will be interesting to see what they say to you. I dont think you're a dirtbag for hoping that it will be covered under warranty. I think you are a little delusional, but hey, if VW will cover it, why not? Who on here would tell the dealer "oh no guys, thats very generous of you, but I got this one.."? Gimme a break. The guy was driving like a psycho and missed a shift. Who would want to pay for those damages? No one. Repairs will probably be like, a LOT of money. I would just totally honest about what happened and see what they say. If they cover it, you won the lottery.
McQueen77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 03:24 AM   #62
JasonH
Touring Car Champion

Drives: 2011 MK6 UG GTI w/ AVIC-Z130BT
I would be absolutely shocked and astounded if VW covers this... The warranty is for defects, not damage caused by shifting into the wrong gear, ignoring the hesitation from the syncros and clutch, and forcing the engine well over its mechanical limit.

Trying to blame the car or VW for your error is insane; this is why they offer the car with a DSG...
JasonH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:27 AM   #63
Gadier
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: 2011 CSG GTI
dsg is for posers.. i had an incident with my VW dealer about my transmission being rough/grinding from 1st to 2nd gear, so i took my car in and the dealership kept telling me its fine.. so the transmission began to get worse and worse.. so after 4 months they finally decide to open my tranny and they see that my transmissions teeth are really broken, and they began to tell me that this was my fault and that it was not going to be under warranty.. i managed to talk to the service manager and the dealer manager and told them this is why i brought back my car 4 months ago and you never wanted to open and see the problem.. i told them do you expect the transmission to fix itself?, long story short they rebuilt my 2nd gear and didn't void my warranty. Talk to managers and be honest... only 2 things can happen 1) they fix it. 2) your S.O.L
Old 05-14-2012, 09:18 AM   #64
XZT123

and why exactly is dsg for posers?
Old 05-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #65
ImmI
FIA GT Newbie

Drives: Turbo Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by XZT123 View Post
and why exactly is dsg for posers?
Because he's ignorant.
ImmI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:24 AM   #66
XZT123

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmI View Post
Because he's ignorant.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:55 AM   #67
veedoubleme
Formula 3000 Driver

Drives: 2014 MB C300
Quote:
Because he's ignorant.
veedoubleme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:06 PM   #68
Modshack
Formula 3000 Champion

Drives: '13 Beetle TDi Conv., '14 C7 Chebby
Quote:
Because he's ignorant.
X2
Modshack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:58 PM   #69
Gadier
FIA GT Newbie

Lol cant drive a stick? If you really want to enjoy a sports car dont go auto.
Old 05-14-2012, 01:00 PM   #70
Gadier
FIA GT Newbie

Might aswell get a scion tc