GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com

Go Back   VW GTI MKVI Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVI Forum / VW GTI Forum - Golfmk6.com > Technical Topics > GTI 2.0T Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust / Tunes

Old 12-12-2016, 12:10 PM   #29
MK6NGT
Touring Car Newbie

Drives: MK6 GTI
After 140miles the clutch seems a little lighter. There is zero noise now, I thought it would take longer.

Ran into a focus st this morning, always seems to happen when I can't push my car hard. The wait continues.
MK6NGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 05:47 PM   #30
Sublime
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 08 tsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MK6NGT View Post
When did you purchase yours?

*edit- I assume a year ago?
April
Old 12-13-2016, 11:04 AM   #31
franco516
FIA World Rally Car Champion

Drives: gti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublime View Post
My 6GT lasted less than a year before the friction disk broke. Had to pay for labor a second time to get new kit put in. Hope you guys don't have this problem.
damn, Ive had mine since Jan. I hope this doesnt happen to anyone else.
franco516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2016, 10:14 AM   #32
franco516

Quote:
Allegedly they switched suppliers so this shouldn't be an issue anymore, but having my car down for 2 weeks waiting for replacement parts from HOD, and having to cover labor and a rental really blows for something that was not my fault.
you shredded that thing apart. do you track your car? how do you drive it?
Old 12-14-2016, 10:17 AM   #33
Sublime
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 08 tsi
Quote:
Originally Posted by franco516 View Post
you shredded that thing apart. do you track your car? how do you drive it?
It's just a commuter. I don't launch it or beat on it. I enjoy a spirited drive but that's it. I'm 36 and have been driving stick for over 20 years.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:20 AM   #34
dafuture
Formula 5000 Driver

Drives: '12 GTI, '95 Volvo 850
Yeah definitely sounds like parts failure to me. I'm curious how much these components vary since there aren't really too many suppliers around.

I pieced together my RSR, and while it's very similar parts-wise to the HOD kit, it's definitely smoother and lighter. franco516 can attest to that haha
Old 12-16-2016, 12:55 PM   #35
spiceditup
Passed Driver's Ed

Drives: 13.5 GLI
franco, any updates of how your clutch is holding up? I noticed the above picture of the clutch disc sublime provided, it has a different design from your original post (single rivets compared to your double). I just placed an order for the 6GT kit for my GLI and Andy from HoD told me that I'll be getting a revised clutch disc from another supplier that is local in Ohio.
spiceditup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 10:11 AM   #36
MK6NGT
Touring Car Newbie

I have 800 miles on the clutch now, feels completely stock at this point other than grabbing and not slipping.

Sometimes I hear something at idle with my windows down(chatter I guess) but it's so slight, not something that is very loud at all.

I need to figure out the play in the actual shifter, it's got too much and I think the dog bone insert will help some of that. Other than that it's amazing.

I wanted to ask about the delay after shifting for power. When quickly shifting into the next gear there is a delay, I assume part clutch delay and part boost delay...not sure how to get rid of that or at least lessen it. I've read a a little about the clutch delay valve, don't want to add the no lift shift from APR but if I can get the delay to lessen I'd be happier.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:33 AM   #37
franco516

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiceditup View Post
franco, any updates of how your clutch is holding up? I noticed the above picture of the clutch disc sublime provided, it has a different design from your original post (single rivets compared to your double). I just placed an order for the 6GT kit for my GLI and Andy from HoD told me that I'll be getting a revised clutch disc from another supplier that is local in Ohio.
mine is holding just fine, i really have not felt any differences since i got it. holds power and feels exactly the same. yes, mine does look different than Sublimes.
Old 12-20-2016, 11:58 AM   #38
MK6NGT
Touring Car Newbie

Damn mine looks like the one that failed, bought it in November.

that kinds sucks
Old 02-16-2017, 03:44 PM   #39
franco516

update: Had mine for exactly a year. Still good, no issues. feels the same as always.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:49 PM   #40
Mk62013
Autocross Newbie

Drives: 2013 MK6 gti apr tuned '
thanks for the update guy
Mk62013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:37 AM   #41
MK6NGT
Touring Car Newbie

Have 5k on mine now. Still grabs nicely as it should. Drove another mk6 weeks ago with a southbend and it was a ko4 car, I didn't like the clutch engagement as much, no dual mass...but the HOD is holding up nicely.
Old 02-20-2017, 05:00 PM   #42
MK6NGT
Touring Car Newbie

Quote:
My 6GT lasted less than a year before the friction disk broke. Had to pay for labor a second time to get new kit put in. Hope you guys don't have this problem.

Apparently same thing just happened to mine. HOD is sending a new one that uses the new manufacturing.