GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

TSI E85 Tune

FL_GTI

Ready to race!
So now that there's been talk of the GIAC "Clutchbuster" Tune, anyone care to elaborate their experiences with it?

Hopefully APR incorporates this as a feature with their IHI turbo tune revision forthcoming!

(Listen Up -> Arin@APR) :)

Muerte_X

Passed Driver's Ed
So now that there's been talk of the GIAC "Clutchbuster" Tune, anyone care to elaborate their experiences with it?

Hopefully APR incorporates this as a feature with their IHI turbo tune revision forthcoming!

(Listen Up -> Arin@APR) :)

What do you want to know about the clutchbuster? GIAC's tune has been solid, no rev hang, and it's super responsive, even on the pump file, daily driving is great. With e85 i get worse mpg, but that's the nature of e85. Other than a couple road trips where I couldn't find e85, I've been running E40 constantly since i got the update back in April with no issues.

With e85, the car is so much faster It's crazy. I dyno'd 272whp and 350tq on a dyno that reads low. I've beat a manual stage 2 mk7 gti and have been accused of having a k04, lol. I don't know if there's a no lift shift in the tune, but when I do no lift shift it's pretty amazing. it sounds like one anyways.

I only have an intake, downpipe and lightweight wheels. i bet some more supporting mods would do that much more. It also still feels strong here in the summer where it's always well over 100 or even 110+ degrees. I've had a few races here and there that surpise me.

APR has already said they won't do anything with e85, so you're out of luck. Some cars that have e85 sensors they have developed tunes for, but don't expect it For the TSI.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Muerte_x I have been running 4 gallons of e85 with a fill up. How do you blend your e40?

Muerte_X

Passed Driver's Ed
Muerte_x I have been running 4 gallons of e85 with a fill up. How do you blend your e40?

Since I almost always have e40 in the tank already. I just use the trip and avg mpg to figure out how much I've used and do 60/40 91 and e85 mix. I just assume 91 is 10 percent and e85 is 85. I don't do any tests on the content.

4 gallons in a tank of 91 will only get you to about e30. If it's only been 91 in the tank, then add 5.8 gallons and top off with 91. If you just add 4 gallons every tank consecutively you'll end up being closer and closer to pure e85.

If I have no choice but to put 91 in the tank(if I'm on a road trip), I use this http://www.intercepteft.com/calc.html to help me figure out what the current blend is in the tank, so that next time I find e85 I can get it back to e40 easily.

FL_GTI

Ready to race!
Nice. I would love to see logs of that. I'm not sure what an E47 tune consists of on your FSI. More timing like a water meth file or 100 octane file? Did you swap injectors? LPFP? fuel lines?

I just got done testing E25 on my TSI, E30 is next.

Hyde, what file are you running? Any insight you can provide from your logging?

What do you want to know about the clutchbuster? GIAC's tune has been solid, no rev hang, and it's super responsive, even on the pump file, daily driving is great. With e85 i get worse mpg, but that's the nature of e85. Other than a couple road trips where I couldn't find e85, I've been running E40 constantly since i got the update back in April with no issues.

With e85, the car is so much faster It's crazy. I dyno'd 272whp and 350tq on a dyno that reads low. I've beat a manual stage 2 mk7 gti and have been accused of having a k04, lol. I don't know if there's a no lift shift in the tune, but when I do no lift shift it's pretty amazing. it sounds like one anyways.

I only have an intake, downpipe and lightweight wheels. i bet some more supporting mods would do that much more. It also still feels strong here in the summer where it's always well over 100 or even 110+ degrees. I've had a few races here and there that surpise me.

APR has already said they won't do anything with e85, so you're out of luck. Some cars that have e85 sensors they have developed tunes for, but don't expect it For the TSI.

...So tempting to jump, I have to replace my clutch first (again) otherwise I'd take advantage of this. Sounds pretty incredible! I have enjoyed my Stage 2 tune, but it's a shame some tuners are less responsive to advantageous trends

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Hyde, what file are you running? Any insight you can provide from your logging?

APR V3.1 93 MAP and 100 MAP with meth. The ethanol results discussed here on Stage 1 / Stage 2 stock turbo software is going to be very different from that of a K04. I suspect the K04 owners will not get to run an ethanol content as high as E40.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
APR V3.1 93 MAP and 100 MAP with meth. The ethanol results discussed here on Stage 1 / Stage 2 stock turbo software is going to be very different from that of a K04. I suspect the K04 owners will not get to run an ethanol content as high as E40.

Just not enough flow in the fuel system.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
Exactly. I still want to see fuel rail pressure logs for Stage 1 / Stage 2 stock turbo software owners running E25-E40. For that tune there may be more headroom but for a K04 with boost right under 29-30psi peak, there is no headroom unless direct port water meth is added which "lightens the load" for the OEM fuel system.

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
Exactly. I still want to see fuel rail pressure logs for Stage 1 / Stage 2 stock turbo software owners running E25-E40. For that tune there may be more headroom but for a K04 with boost right under 29-30psi peak, there is no headroom unless direct port water meth is added which "lightens the load" for the OEM fuel system.

I can try to get you some of my data later. Let me know what you want. Everything is at the shop from the Dyno runs but logs were on Eurodyne logger so I can't read it at home.

E47 but with LPFP and 135 lbs/hr injectors.

WalkerT

Go Kart Champion
Muerte_x I skip ever other fill up and I run 93.

I will be doing logs this week as well.

HYDE161

Go Kart Champion
I can try to get you some of my data later. Let me know what you want. Everything is at the shop from the Dyno runs but logs were on Eurodyne logger so I can't read it at home.

E47 but with LPFP and 135 lbs/hr injectors.

On the TSI right? which LPFP? Isn't the HPFP the issue where we max out? Or do the injectors help?

Rotaryknight

Go Kart Champion
On the TSI right? which LPFP? Isn't the HPFP the issue where we max out? Or do the injectors help?

TSi. Lpfp is just an AEM e85 comparable in tank pump with a boost switch running parallel.

Yes HPFP does hit a limit but LPFP can't even get fuel to it before that happens without help.

The injectors are another bottleneck but these are right under the HPFP cap from what I was told about my logs.

The LPFP set up was tested on a BT FSi first. It was even running 100% E85