GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

APR stage 2+ Golf R - Feedback

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
There are too many variables in dyno numbers. Just do it now! :) trust in the brand....

You can take your car to 5 different dyno brands and will all read different numbers. Also if someone is running heavier or lighter wheels than you are it wont be accurate. There is also different octane levels 91 vs 93 and fuel quality is not the same through out the country even if the advertised octane level is the same. The best accurate result is the same car on the same dyno done before and after the upgrade in similar conditions.

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
Well I'm number guy, it's apr or giac. If dynoed I'm interested to know what actual power is to wheels.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?xc0n5h

Rarhare

See post #31

The only way to see who produces more power and torque to the wheels is to take one Golf R and do a before and after run with both brands but with that said I have sold both brands over the years and lets just say we are still selling APR and we are no longer selling GIAC. APR is the only company on the market that provides VW and Audi software and hardware all in house in North America and I always believed thats important because then your guaranteed 100% support from your APR dealer and APR because you purchased everything from them.

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
I have a Milltek TBE coming in Wednesday because the APR exhaust wont be here in time for Southern Worthersee this weekend. I am currently stage 1 with a Forge Wintake right now on some 19" VMR's. I may see about getting in tomorrow or early early Wed AM to Dyno it stock, then flash stage 1 back on there dyno that program, then come back down to GMP and install the TBE for stage 2 however there is a significant let off after about 4500-5000 RPMS because there isn't enough fuel coming from the stock HPFP so I think to take full advantage of a TBE an APR HPFP upgrade. I think its best to dyno stock then stage 1 then stage one + then stage 2. I dont really have any intentions on dyno stage 2 with no fuel pump upgrade.

mas_boy

braking system

Hi, i wonder how did you go with the breaking system after stage 2+. I really consider to take apr 2+ this month but still wondering the safety of the car.
:)

GMP - Matthew

Ready to race!
Hi, i wonder how did you go with the breaking system after stage 2+. I really consider to take apr 2+ this month but still wondering the safety of the car.

The stock pads are average at best. If you make a quick switch before you get a ton of miles on the brakes to some performance street pads they will go a long way with some spirited driving and the occasional track day. I have a set of Brembo 6pot type three disc mainly because I dont want to have to switch pads for the track and second I want to reduce as much weight as possible especially up front.

webcrawlr

Ready to race!

Racing Brake two-piece rotors have a weight savings of 20lbs over stock for all four corners. Add Carbotech 1521 pads, stainless lines and decent fluid and you'll be more than set for the street. For the track switch out to Carbotech XP20's and rock it.

Racing Brake also has 4 pot calipers coming out soon that will work with stock wheels and with their two piece rotors so it's a pretty seamless upgrade if you go that route.

Highroller79

Just thought id give my feedback on the stage2+ APR which was done on my 2012 Golf R yesterday..

Work had been completed by Dean at Volkspower in Burwood (Melbourne AUS) and i didnt know what to expect as so many people say different things about each mod and tuner..

Mods were:

APR intake
APR TBE
APR HPFP
APR Intercooler
APR stage 2+ Tune

First impressions after turning the car on Thumbs up ! the exhaust wasnt too loud when cruising and had a great roar to it at higher RPMS.

After getting a feel for the car i decided to try out launch control ... i was with a mate when trying this and we both said the same thing.. HOLLY F$%K!! ... the throttle responce is amazing and low end power is almost instant!

Not to bring any other tuners down as im sure they also do a great job but my experience with APR is excellent ! and i would highly reccommend APR to anyone.

Thanks to Dean at APR Volkspower and the boys that did the work.

Cheers.

Alex.

Alex,

That's awesome to read as I picked my R up only last week and I have it booked in next Friday for APR Stage 2+ also minus the Intercooler... Also hoping to that WOW Factor when picking it up :)