GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

intermittent no start issues

12Mk6Gti

Ready to race!
alright guys sorry for the long time wait for me to update so here is what I have done since, I have replaced the crank position sensor, fuel pressure sensor, high pressure fuel pump, low pressure fuel pump, and fuel sending unit on top of pump still have a no start even after all of this what else should I try now running out of ideas.

bdegen94

Ready to race!

BDTuning

Ready to race!
Have had the same problem with our shop car. No codes thrown. Been chasing this gremlin for months.

Car will turn over but not start.

12Mk6Gti

Ready to race!
Have had the same problem with our shop car. No codes thrown. Been chasing this gremlin for months.

Car will turn over but not start.

Is yours not starting at all. Cuz like mine will start I daily drive it everyday it just won't start up after you let it sit for like 20 min you have to wait a bit then she fires right up

BDTuning

Ready to race!
Is yours not starting at all. Cuz like mine will start I daily drive it everyday it just won't start up after you let it sit for like 20 min you have to wait a bit then she fires right up

Exactly the same issue as your. car fires up fine from cold start. The issue is when the car has a short trip and then is sat for 15-20mins. Then try and start it it will turn over but not fire.

I can replicate it most of the time. It can go for weeks and not do it then do it 3-4 times over a couple of days.

No codes at all.

drewmtb1

Ready to race!
Did you do the auto scan? Sometimes codes will show up in the auto scan because they are "cleared" by the car. The other day I had an EPC on start that went away right away and had to do the auto-scan to find it.

12Mk6Gti

Ready to race!
I do use the auto scan feature still have no codes that's why this has been so hard to find the issue

Did you find a fix?

maybe try a spare key and then see if the car turns over with the spare?

replace the battery in your keyfob... and try again? just simple / quick idea/s

12Mk6Gti

Ready to race!
Did you find a fix?

maybe try a spare key and then see if the car turns over with the spare?

replace the battery in your keyfob... and try again? just simple / quick idea/s

I have tried the key thinking it was an immobilizer and I have replace the batteries there brand new in the car and in the remote

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
I have the same problem and i've narrowed it down to low pressure fuel pump and module. Dealer couldn't figure out and even replaced and engine speed sensor that works with the cranks sensor. Also good to try to pull battery for a day to force a throttle body relearn and computer reset But I've been researching this problem for years. Dealer tried to pawn it off on the ecu with no real proof. This car was doing this with both tunes so its defnitely not the ecu and so many others have reported the same problem. If its not fuel it may just be in the throttle body. I'm installing the new pump next month sometime so I will let ppl know how it goes.

12Mk6Gti

Ready to race!
I have the same problem and i've narrowed it down to low pressure fuel pump and module. Dealer couldn't figure out and even replaced and engine speed sensor that works with the cranks sensor. Also good to try to pull battery for a day to force a throttle body relearn and computer reset But I've been researching this problem for years. Dealer tried to pawn it off on the ecu with no real proof. This car was doing this with both tunes so its defnitely not the ecu and so many others have reported the same problem. If its not fuel it may just be in the throttle body. I'm installing the new pump next month sometime so I will let ppl know how it goes.

I just replaced my whole entire fuel system thinking this may be a cause but did not help at all and I have done a throttle body re alignment and that didn't help

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GunMetalGTI

Go Kart Champion
Nice.. So you replaced both pumps, sensor, and filter and still no improvement?

I would definitely have to sell at that point. You can live with it to some extent but I would sell just based on principle. Its a ridiculous gremilin problem to have and just about inexcusable for how widespread it really is even though VW doesn't want to acknowledge it and probably doesn't know what is causing it.

Every time someone has posted that the issue was resolved for them, it was the LPFP and the module that goes with it so if that doesn't fix it I'm selling if I can't live with it and just getting a newer Audi or something all wheel drive