GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Mk6 gti beluga racing catless downpipe review

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
First impressions are really good for $187, welds seem nice, metal feels quality and it comes with gaskets and new bolts, washers and nuts. Haven't put it on the car yet so I'll update with fitment, sound, smell. It is catless and I will be running a stock cat back. Here are some pics, as of right now it seems like $187 is money well spent

DRIVING: makes this weird noise on cold start but I think it's just the flex pipe warming up since my friends car does the same thing, I think it sounds awesome, definitely not to loud, absolutely no drone since I immediately had to drive on the highway for 1 hour, it smells bad, like any reduced cat will lol I don't mind it, I had to get it installed by USPmotorsports because I needed a downpipe stud replaced and they said it fit very well and had absolutely no problems. I haven't been able to really get it into the rev range properly, but when my clutch is slipping and it revs up it sounds amazing. Exactly what I was hoping for. I highly recommend this. But you might have a different experience, but catless non resonated downpipe, they are all just t304 metal. Very happy!
https://vimeo.com/155426261
The car did not cold start like I thought it did, damn Florida. But here's a little something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
That looks really nice

Yeah for $187 I don't think I could have done better, hopefully fitment is just as nice

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
Their catback is perfect fitment so it should be good

Yeah I'm throwing it on Saturday so we will see, hopefully this helps anyone who's on a budget but wants stage 2 or ko4

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
I might consider it. I consider myself being on a budget for barely turning 21. Mk6 parts are pricey lol

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Good quality products for sure, I'm running the catback with no complaints.

There's a thread (which is now probably buried) in the Exhaust forums with a bunch of folks running Beluga products too! :)

Found it, http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92216, post ur thoughts there too! The OP, Rob is running the full Beluga TBE. :)

Last edited:

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
I might consider it. I consider myself being on a budget for barely turning 21. Mk6 parts are pricey lol

Oh yeah, I'm 19 and its a struggle lol

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
Good quality products for sure, I'm running the catback with no complaints.

There's a thread (which is now probably buried) in the Exhaust forums with a bunch of folks running Beluga products too! :)

Found it, http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=92216, post ur thoughts there too! The OP, Rob is running the full Beluga TBE. :)

Awesome! I definitely will, I tried to find some reviews on this downpipe before I bought it but only found them for the cat back so I figured why not post a review for other people

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Oh yeah, I'm 19 and its a struggle lol

I feel good being young and having a GTI. Better than having an Si or something like that even though they're great cars but it's just everyone seems to have them

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
I share your struggles haha, 22 here. The problem is I always end up wanting all the really nice stuff...

SELA_MK6GTI

Go Kart Champion
Right! Same here , for example a downpipe. I know the brands is what people go for but then you read others saying it's just a pipe this and that and have the same success that others with brand named downpipes have had. So I basically just get curious haha

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
I feel good being young and having a GTI. Better than having an Si or something like that even though they're great cars but it's just everyone seems to have them

Oh heck yeah, gti>everything

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
I share your struggles haha, 22 here. The problem is I always end up wanting all the really nice stuff...

Yeah if I had the money I'd probably go apr everything but that's just not how it is lol

An_Elusive_Bear

Ready to race!
Right! Same here , for example a downpipe. I know the brands is what people go for but then you read others saying it's just a pipe this and that and have the same success that others with brand named downpipes have had. So I basically just get curious haha

Yeah I mean shoot, this downpipe seems to be pretty awesome so far and it's 1/4 the cost of some