GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Kollin's Rabbit

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Hey there, I just picked up a '13 automatic 2.5 a few weeks ago after my other car got totaled out. Unfortunately, I couldn't afford a GTI or had the time to keep looking for a manual, but I still really enjoy the car. Located in Melbourne Fl at the time, but trying to relocate to Orlando atm.

Old car:

And the rabbit:

I've already got a few normal plans for the golf like intake, exhaust, wheels, and also some more out of the box ideas that are a little more DIY.
I do have a question though, the steelies on the golf now are 15's. I was wondering if I could go up to 17x8 +35? Not sure the limitations on wheel sizes quite yet. Thanks again, looking forward to posting up my progress.

Last edited:

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Sucks about the old ride. Nice rabbit! Im near Daytona. I would lower it first but its your car. Lots of info on site. Very resourceful!

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Pretty clean veloster

Francoleon91

Drag Racing Champion
forget about the intake and performace parts. drop it, put some deece wheels on it and do some exterior mods like LED tails then call it a day.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
So was curious to know if anyone has had any problems with the power windows? I have this weird thing where occasionally one of the windows fails to go up and ends up sliding all the way back down, happens on both automatic and when I hold the button. Haven't looked into it much yet, just more so curious if someone here knows.

miguelr

Go Kart Champion
Welcome. 17x8 +35 will fit but it'll look funny at stock height. lower it or stick to 40+ offset. I had a window regulator fail on me. Replaced under warranty.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
Welcome. 17x8 +35 will fit but it'll look funny at stock height. lower it or stick to 40+ offset. I had a window regulator fail on me. Replaced under warranty.

Figured it was something like that, but I'm on spring break from classes right now and theres no nearby VW dealerships up here that I can take it to, so I'll be waiting until I get back to Melbourne to see if I'm covered. 17x8 will look funny how? Is it because it would be an awkward size? I've got wheels picked out already, and they're offered in sizes 17x8 +35, 17x9 +30, 18x8.5 +35, and 18x9.5 +30. Just wasn't entirely sure what I'd be rubbing with and what not. I will be lowered, probably on springs first and then hopefully bags in the future but we'll see, not much really goes how I plan with cars hahah. I had the VT blow a motor on me and then two weeks after having it replaced it got totaled out.

CMGTI

Ready to race!
Figured it was something like that, but I'm on spring break from classes right now and theres no nearby VW dealerships up here that I can take it to, so I'll be waiting until I get back to Melbourne to see if I'm covered. 17x8 will look funny how? Is it because it would be an awkward size? I've got wheels picked out already, and they're offered in sizes 17x8 +35, 17x9 +30, 18x8.5 +35, and 18x9.5 +30. Just wasn't entirely sure what I'd be rubbing with and what not. I will be lowered, probably on springs first and then hopefully bags in the future but we'll see, not much really goes how I plan with cars hahah. I had the VT blow a motor on me and then two weeks after having it replaced it got totaled out.

Weird because of stock height is what he meant.

KollinWithaK

Autocross Champion
I don't post on here much, sorta lurk more than anything, here is an updated imgur album of the car, which I've deemed Lola.

First thing I did was get new wheels and tires as an upgrade from the steel rims. I went with Continental ExtremeContact DWS 215/35/17 and Motegi 17x8 wheels. I didn't originally want these wheels but the first set of wheels I had ordered I was sent the wrong size and the company I ordered from wanted me to pay for return shipping (+$100) in order to get the correct wheels. Instead I sold them and bought the Motegis because they were on sale and could be at my house in three days. I've been looking at upgrading to 18" wheels lately.
Following the wheels I had my windows tinted at 15% all the way around.
Did some interior upgrades with replacing the stock headunit with a pioneer double din.
I decided after that, that I was tired of how quiet the car was, so instead of spending hundreds of bucks on an exhaust, I had a shop chop off both mufflers and then install a four inch tip and called it a day.
Wanting to make the car look a tad less cheap, I bought CF mirror caps and the blue tinted blind spot mirrors from UroTuning (after 2 months of bullshi* and getting the wrong items from ECStuning, although their customer service was great).
Then came the LED taillights, and R bumper. Both from the same seller on ebay, both with zero problems. Had the bumper paint matched and painted for 200 and threw it on.
I also had my front windshield tinted 50% all the way with a 15% sun visor across the top.
After rolling around like a monster truck for while I decided I was ready for coilovers and went ahead and bought Solowerks coils, just simple entry level coils that got me what I wanted. I'm satisfied with them but I can see myself probably upgrading down the road.

And end wall of text. I ordered new headlights and they should be here on Monday so hopefully those work out.

Other than that the only problem I've had with the car is the airbag light coming on when I started the car with the seats out. I don't have anyone around me that can clear the light and VW wants $150 bucks to clear the light so I've been figuring out what I want to do with that.

Last edited:

ahard48

Ready to race!
Looks great, the car has really transformed.