GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

looking to do suspension refresh

markus037

Ready to race!
well im looking for opinions and feedback here. my car has 60k on the clock and ive owned it for nearly 3 years. im thinking about refreshing the suspension. currently have stock shocks on neuspeed springs but i think theyre on their way out since they are incredibly rusted and i think theyre sagging. not sure how long they have been on the car since they were on since i purchased it.

i would like to install a cup kit and replace some of the bushings while im in there too. im looking to see what you guys recommend. im not looking to do coilovers since this car is a daily driver. i was thinking about getting the super flow control arm bushings and doing the tyrol sport subframe kit also.

i also noticed my rear camber arm bushes look like they are starting to wear so i was thinking about replacing them with some adjustable ones. anyone have any input?

avni

Ready to race!
Just curious...is a Suspension refresh somethingg everyone does?

I don't really intend to touch my suspension at all..will I have to?

I wanted to go LOW but i live in the X lol

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Just curious...is a Suspension refresh somethingg everyone does?

I don't really intend to touch my suspension at all..will I have to?

I wanted to go LOW but i live in the X lol
not a lot of people will do it.
Some people want the car to be like it just rolled off the assembly line. I honestly dont think its needed.. Yes if you changed things your car would feel more tight and nimble but if your comfortable with how your car handles there is no reason to change things.

Now if you are receiving slop and a lot of a roll and cant handle it then its time to change things and refresh/replace.

TO OP.
i know you said you didnt want to do coilovers but why? at the end of the day it will cost about the same as a cup kit and you get the adjust-ability with the coil overs. You can raise/lower and adjust dampening(assuming you bought a set that allows that) Where as the cup kit is one and done no adjustments (usually).
I would do coilovers if i were you spend the extra couple hundred on a good set where you can adjust dampening as well this way you can dial in the right amount of comfort/sport you want.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
This isn't meant to attack you at all, but you're probably imagining things. It happens to all of us and it costs money lol. If you're on lowering springs its POSSIBLE that you could need dampers but the housings being a little rusty doesnt mean anything and unless you're noticeably bouncing you're probably good.

I kinda want to do all my bushings at 100k or 120k, but 60k dont bother, it's all still totally fine.

buy a used k04 and downpipe instead

markus037

Ready to race!
not really looking to go all out. but at 60k im sure there are a few things worn and could need improving.

i dont see the point of coilovers on a street driven car. i dont plan on adjusting them and good coilovers are atleast a grand.

blue_mkvi_gti

Ready to race!
60k it just getting broken in. I'm at 114k of hard driving with all the mods that supposedly kill stock suspension and its only just about time to replace mine. Really I just need a new strut bearing and could probably go another 30k