GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Help with occasional P2271 codes with spirited driving

itsintrinzik

Hey everyone, I am looking for some help troubleshooting a P2271 code. The following post details my experience (posted on reddit GTI originally):

Since early February, my car has thrown two P2271 - "O2 Sensor Signal Stuck Rich Bank 1 Sensor 2" codes. Both codes appeared during some more spirited driving with higher boost, about a month apart (quite infrequent). Daily driving normally around town, even with DSG downshifting in the 3000rpm range, does not produce the code. Car is running completely normally otherwise. I should mention my exhaust set up is a 3" Unitronic DP to Magnaflow CB, CCTA on stock tune with O2 sensor spacer on the secondary sensor working well to keep P0420 at bay (never had this code).

The code indicates a potential failing O2 sensor, but I read that it is also a good idea to check for exhaust leaks. I park outside, and I wonder if fluctuating temperatures have caused some expansion and contraction of my downpipe. I should also mention that I have a small exhaust leak from my DP to CB V-band connection at the moment, which I plan to fix within the next month with new sealing O-rings. However, that location is so far from the front O2 sensor on a CCTA engine that I don't think this is the culprit.

Any advice on where to start, or what you would do in my situation?