GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

2013 Candy white Golf R

Hellasf1

Passed Driver's Ed
Ok so a quick story of how I got a golf r first. I was going for a 2013 sti but I couldnt get approved which was a little ridiculous since I was putting 7000 down . My credit is good 730 but not enough of it.

My previous car was a 2011 Golf 2.5L so I have been paying vw credit for 2 years, long story short i got approved right away with the best apr possible 1.65 for 72 months and only 4000 down plus 861 from my trade in.

So i was researching all sti stuff for the last year or so and after market options, so I am a little rusty with vw and lost so I would like some advice on certain things.

I got a 4 door fully loaded Golf r which is amazing, the refinement is amazing, plus I got it for 35000, sticker was 37500. Thats bc my dad is very good friends with the dealership and we have bought 15 cars from them not all my family but my dad has refereed a lot to them. My car makes it 16.

ok so here our my plans, my goal is to have around 400whp and 400wtq. that was my goal for the sti, it was also a lot less expensive as im finding out :mad: so right now Im thinking of stage 2 plus with E85 tune(def need lots of help on this topic)

my plan(with suggestion please)

*Exhaust[/COLOR]- AWE, switchable
*downpipe- ? what are the top ones?
*intake- forge twintake (again is there a more powerful solution)
*tune- This i need help with, seems like everyone is everywhere with this, with subaru it was easy, cobb. Here theres a lot more, so what is the most powerful reliable and will write me a E85 tune and is switchable.
*hpfp- ? what are the top ones, especially for a E85 tune
*injectors- ? what are the top ones, especially for a E85 tune
*suspension- I want performance, im not looking to lower it ridiculously. Im going for performance over aesthetics.

other mods will be

*tints(will be done thursday)
*plati dip wheels, gloss black(next week)
*wrap the roof, gloss black aswell
*front lip, dont know which one yet
*side skirt, probably razor one
*sway bars-apr
*boost gauge- idk which one yet
*valentine 1
*engine cover for aftermarker twintake

also one last question, do the lights self adjust everytime I turn them on? because mine have only done it once at the dealership on monday night

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
Welcome!
-Check Loba/GIAC threads
-W/M?
-Inquire Unitronic as well,to see what they can do for you with the E85..

Hellasf1

Passed Driver's Ed
ok I will do that, i know it will have to be custom but that will be better with E85.

w/m im very unfamiliar with so i have to research more, idk how it works, what it takes to keep it going what you have to refill and how but i will research that and see where I will go but looks like no one on here has done E85 yet..

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
It would be great a metal manifold on the TSI(some said it's the main issue to run E85),not sure on your engine FSI,if there is one metal aftermarket one...

Brian@PuenteHillsVW

Ready to race!
Awesome congrats!

The AFS lights only work up to a certain MPH (25mph I believe). It is basically a cornering light. A way you can check them out is park up against a wall at night and turn the steering wheel to the right and left, you will see them move with the steering wheel input.

Hellasf1

Passed Driver's Ed
It would be great a metal manifold on the TSI(some said it's the main issue to run E85),not sure on your engine FSI,if there is one metal aftermarket one...(can you explain this?)

no im taking about when your car isnt moving and you just turn them on, they self adjust but i posted a forum in the electrical thread area and some told me that they turn on when you turn on the engine not when you turn on the lights, idk going to the dealer tomorrow.

corrado917

Go Kart Champion
It would be great a metal manifold on the TSI(some said it's the main issue to run E85),not sure on your engine FSI,if there is one metal aftermarket one...(can you explain this?)

Enjoy.

And this.

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43765

http://www.golfmk6.com/forums/showpost.php?p=838398&postcount=73