GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Big Turbo Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halvie

WOOSA

Finally got the Stage3+ that Halvie sold me installed. I did not install the Injectors tho.
Still running it w/out a tune, it's hard to get one in Mexico.
Does any one know a good tune company that can bench load in the Chicago area? I will be there for 3 days, so I can bring up my ECU.

wut

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
I vaguely remember something about him asking what a long block is and why he does not already have one in his engine :laugh:

Everyone has to start somewhere. Looks like he got bombarded in that thread and snapped. A permaban is a bit excessive no?:iono:

Saw those posts as well. Pretty sure he was being sarcastic. Think he was a lot more sarcastic than people realized.

yea everyone has to start somewhere but was still a tool. I saw others ask him questions and would have a ridiculous reply. However in his defense I don't know if he was being a dick or was really that stupid.

I never saw him post a ridiculous response unless is was warranted from a troll. Which people did troll him often. Seemed like a troll magnet really. But he put himself out there pretty often, which not many people do. So he was kinda asking for it in a way.

:word:

No need for valve springs either imo

They help in the higher RPMs in 4th-6th. Help keep the power going strong...and its always nice to have no worry of valve float in the back of your mind. Unless of course you never really drive the car hard and never utilize the power and money you've invested , then yea they are worthless.

Halvie

WOOSA
Still have the kit on your car?

Yeah, nothing has been taken off aside from the boost gauge. Sold the Alcon bbk finally. After I get rid of one of the sets of wheels and the other smallish things I'll start getting serious about parting it.

Car is just ridiculously inconsistent. One part of the day it will feel pretty good, and a couple hours later it will feel like crap. Think something is up with the lpfp. Had the controller replaced(car has always had this issue imo), which initially made it feel like I just swapped a bigger turbo on the car, but I still need to get the harness replaced.

Think something is up with my coilovers too. Rear shocks might have an issue. Soooo loud... Milwaukee roads are stupendous!!

And it sounds like I'm driving in a soda can since it is so cold out.

Bit pathetic,but I would probably be up for trying the gtx2871 if that ever came out. Just not too into any new cars. R/S3 look pretty nice, but seems like a lot of money for something that isn't much faster than what is out now.

molo

Ready to race!
running stage 2 but the tune company disappeared . Need to find a new tune, but most likely will need to send it to the US.

I just didn't think that any company would tune a 3.5" size maf... So I opted for using the stock maf location/housing instead of going mafless.

drepai

Go Kart Champion
Saw those posts as well. Pretty sure he was being sarcastic. Think he was a lot more sarcastic than people realized.

I never saw him post a ridiculous response unless is was warranted from a troll. Which people did troll him often. Seemed like a troll magnet really. But he put himself out there pretty often, which not many people do. So he was kinda asking for it in a way.

They help in the higher RPMs in 4th-6th. Help keep the power going strong...and its always nice to have no worry of valve float in the back of your mind. Unless of course you never really drive the car hard and never utilize the power and money you've invested , then yea they are worthless.
Interesting that they help up top, I don't even think APR advertises that on their website. I always thought they were just to prevent float on k04 cars or full valvetrain for high revving/+1mm valves. I could see how peace of mind would be worth it though, especially for someone who drives the piss out of their car/races it regularly such as yourself.

running stage 2 but the tune company disappeared . Need to find a new tune, but most likely will need to send it to the US.

I just didn't think that any company would tune a 3.5" size maf... So I opted for using the stock maf location/housing instead of going mafless.
How does it run?

GTR_Killer

Go Kart Champion
Interesting that they help up top, I don't even think APR advertises that on their website. I always thought they were just to prevent float on k04 ca. Thers or full valvetrain for high revving/+1mm valves. I could see how peace of mind would be worth it though, especially for someone who drives the piss out of their car/races it regularly such as yourself.

How does it run?

Yes, definitely the car pulls much more consistently and smooth up top, and harder. In the higher RPMs the stronger springs help close the valves faster to help maximize power up top. I'd say its definitely noticeable. Feel like the power is there longer where as before I would feel my 5th gear was pretty lacking. And yes, use it or whats the point. ;-)

Edit: Might only help up top when pushing the car in high boost/high power applications....prob no benefit up top to a k04 car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.