GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

base automatic shift knob to DSG knob.

Yayotas

Ready to race!
Dose anybody know if I could swap the ugly base golf automatic shift knob to the dsg one?
Will it even work?
Do the dsg ones even have a button?

Sent from my pigeon using TapStalk

ViR

The Russian
Speaking of DSG shift knobs.. Is it possible to disable the "in neutral shift lock"?

I drop into N all the time and its really annoying to press breaks in order to shift into D or R..

Yayotas

Ready to race!

sholksmagen

Passed Driver's Ed
Dose anybody know if I could swap the ugly base golf automatic shift knob to the dsg one?
Will it even work?
Do the dsg ones even have a button?

Alright, you should clarify which shifter you have since the early MK6s were a bit different. If you have the button on the front, you can swap over nearly any front button shifter (Audi, VW, and DSG ones included).

If you have the sidebutton one, you can still swap it over to an Audi A3 DSG knob as seen in this link:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3616710

That would be the safe alternative. Some have had success heating up the plastic rod and converting it to a "front-button" position. This is a possibility but it's an expensive fix if you break the plastic rod.

Shameless plug, but I have an A3 shiftknob for sale if you would be interested in it.

Yayotas

Ready to race!
Alright, you should clarify which shifter you have since the early MK6s were a bit different. If you have the button on the front, you can swap over nearly any front button shifter (Audi, VW, and DSG ones included).

If you have the sidebutton one, you can still swap it over to an Audi A3 DSG knob as seen in this link:

http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?3616710

That would be the safe alternative. Some have had success heating up the plastic rod and converting it to a "front-button" position. This is a possibility but it's an expensive fix if you break the plastic rod.

Shameless plug, but I have an A3 shiftknob for sale if you would be interested in it.

Oh my bad. I thought all base 2.5 had the same shift knob (i have the side button one).

The A3 is not as bad as the golf. DSG does look better but idk if i do want to risk braking that part.
Thanks for the input.

TuneYourVW

Ready to race!
I'm selling a leather wrapped side-button shift knob that would be plug & play with your car. Check my thread history!

Yayotas

Ready to race!
I'm selling a leather wrapped side-button shift knob that would be plug & play with your car. Check my thread history!

I have the one you are selling