GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Cancel voice command

Sharino

Such a simple question but I googled forever and searched here and cannot find an answer.

Have a 2013 GTI with Bluetooth and Nav and when I hit the mic button on the steering wheel by accident when turning, how do I tell it to 'shutup'?

Yes, I know I can do a VCDS tweak to change it to a mute button but what I want to know is, if I hit the button by accident, how do I exit, cancel, quit? I tried everything, and takes her a good 3 mintues to stop talking and drives me nuts!

Last edited:

WAP

Go Kart Champion
This was by far the most annoying thing ever when I got the car. I ended up using vag com to turn that button into a mute button instead. Perfect functionality now.

+1.

Otherwise, saying "cancel" loudly and clearly shuts that bitch right up.

relic1

Passed Driver's Ed
say "cancel"
you can also hit the VC button again... this will stop the voice prompt. But the HU remains in the VC mode.
I think pressing it a third time stops the VC session. (not positive about the third press, When I hit it on accident, I press the button again to shut her up and say cancel at the same time)
I'll have to try it tonight to confirm.

fflemke22

Passed Driver's Ed
I need some vagcom...this button has annoyed the $hit out of me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr Dad

Drag Race Newbie
I found that if I scream "NO NO NO THAT'S NOT WHAT I WANTED" it tends to cancel.

chip1

Ready to race!
This happened to me yesterday as well...man did f bombs fly out of my mouth.

I will have to try the say "cancel" you can also hit the VC button again... this will stop the voice prompt. But the HU remains in the VC mode.

Fonzii18

Ready to race!
And here I was thinking that I was the only one with that problem.
As if doing U-turns in a standard car in traffic was hard enough haha

relic1

Passed Driver's Ed
say "cancel"
you can also hit the VC button again... this will stop the voice prompt. But the HU remains in the VC mode.
I think pressing it a third time stops the VC session. (not positive about the third press, When I hit it on accident, I press the button again to shut her up and say cancel at the same time)
I'll have to try it tonight to confirm.
Just a FYI for any one that's interested... pressing the VC button again (after shutting her up) shuts down the VC session.
I also set the verbal prompts to minimal. (RNS510) Which results in no voice at all when you press the button, so the second press shuts off the VC session.
(I miss the VC of the RNS315, it was actually good, the VC with the RNS510 is almost unusable)