GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI ED35 engine cover (EA113)

MM_SVK

Hi folks, I would like to go for carbonio intake stage 1&2 in the future, but I am struggling with the engine cover.
As I see it, the original cover will be useless after I ll install the new intake and I don t want to have engine without cover.
I believe this question is mainly for the R & ED35 owners, as the engine cover on ea113 engine is different then the one on standard GTI ea888 engine.
any suggestions/advices highly appreciated ;)

On slides 7 & 8 is visible the engine cover difference:
http://bd8ba3c866c8cbc330ab-7b26c6f3e01bf511d4da3315c66902d6.r6.cf1.rackcdn.com/FSIvTSI.pdf

Last edited:

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
I know that you can get the audi TTRS engine cover, it will fit. a lot of guys with R's and ED35 do this when they get the upgraded intakes. BKS Tuning has there engine cover, and it comes with the longer bolts for install...
user15904_pic4513_1347564047.jpg

here is the link

http://www.bks-tuning.com/audi-tts-oem-engine-cover-hardware.html

I wanted to do this myself and get that engine cover, but because I have a GTI the location of my oil stick wouldn't have worked on that cover... so the only one that would fit was this, and im very very happy with the way it came out..the fit was oem
here is mine:
20140409_155304_U1397081391555.jpg

Michael58121

Go Kart Champion
yes it will fit, as long as you put those longer bolts. yeah it can be removed, that center piece where the audi logo is can be removed. ive seen guys put the VW logo in replace of the rings..are you looking for something oem or think outside the box? cause you can get the audi cover in full carbon fiber? I know Neuspeed makes a CF one for the Rs. or I saw another cover it looks like the iron man suite....let me do more looking
Ed35Enginecover.jpg

MM_SVK

yes it will fit, as long as you put those longer bolts. yeah it can be removed, that center piece where the audi logo is can be removed. ive seen guys put the VW logo in replace of the rings..are you looking for something oem or think outside the box? cause you can get the audi cover in full carbon fiber? I know Neuspeed makes a CF one for the Rs. or I saw another cover it looks like the iron man suite....let me do more looking
View attachment 47876

yep, I saw the Neuspeed's carbon cover. Looks good, but I have something else on my mind. I would like to match the color of the cover/s to the car (white) so I am thinking about buying the TTRs white&black cover, I ll remove the audi emblem , and I ll fill the empty space with something. Then I ll use carbon tape and I ll play a bit with details