GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

VAGCOM/Coding out the Front bumper reflector bulbs?

Repooc

Ready to race!
Heya,

So I recently got the front reflectors in my GTI bumper painted candy white to colour-match my car; so the bulb is kind of useless now. I kept it in knowing that if I removed it, I would probably get an error.

Oddly enough, my right bulb has just blown, and now I'm getting a bulb-out error on my dash (annoying as hell).

I already got my buddy to VAGCOM/code out the 'bulb out' error from my LED tails and that worked flawlessly. Is there a similar VAGCOM command that can be done for the front reflector bulbs?

I tried a search, but I don't think I'm using the right terminology for these bulbs, because my return hits are all about LED tail light coding.

Thanks for the help,

smrtypants44

Go Kart Champion
Depending on what values you are using, the LED tail light coding should get rid of bulb monitoring on the side marker bulbs (since euro cars have no side markers). It certainly did on my car.

Repooc

Ready to race!
darnit. the coding im using for the led tails definitely did not remove the bulb out error for the side markers.

in fact, I had a legitimate rear indicator bulb go out and it was picked up on the dash. I liked that fact that I got rid of the error for the led tails but still maintained functionality for warning blown bulbs

xd-data-ii

Go Kart Champion
Yep. The sidemarker bulbs are not meant to give a bulb out error when bulb removed. Coding doesn't change it.
The error shown tell you what bulb is out also. You don't say that it said sidemarker bulb. Could be something else.

Repooc

Ready to race!
Yep. The sidemarker bulbs are not meant to give a bulb out error when bulb removed. Coding doesn't change it.
The error shown tell you what bulb is out also. You don't say that it said sidemarker bulb. Could be something else.

It's definitely the side marker bulb that is out and causing error. The message on the dash computer actually calls it a "Front right side light".

I had another look at the bulbs themselves and the right one is definitely out.

Then again, I have a 2010 GTI, perhaps this is one of those things they changed between the 2010 and 2011+ models.

It's not a huge expense to buy a replacement bulb (probably like 5 bucks), but its just annoying... would rather code it out and not have to deal with it ever again.

crashdb

Go Kart Champion
There is a way to do it. I have a 35ED bumper so no side-markers. I'm trying to remember what setting it was. It was something to do with LEDs on one of the check boxes. It was pretty easy to figure out. I had someone tell me about it and the way he described it was wrong, and I figured it out while looking through.

m.dubb127

Hi.. I installed a Spyder LED Tube headlights. The DRLs work fine but when I turn the headlights on, 5 seconds later the led and side marker turns off... Does anyone know the reason?