GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

FS: 2012 GTI Manual w/ 42,8XX Miles

100xtree

Hi guys! I haven't posted on your forum but I've bought an E36 M3 which has opened my eyes to the enthusiast forum community so I thought I'd throw my 2012 VW GTI up on here and see if there's any interest. I've had it listed on craigslist and cars.com without much response so maybe you guys could comment on deterring factors. I think for one the fact that it's a manual is scaring some of the market away but I suspect you guys won't be put off by that fact :).

Here are the details:
Year/Make/Model: 2012 Volkswagen GTI
Mileage: ~42,8XX
Transmission: manual
Exterior color: Blue
Interior: Plaid/black
Price: Asking for $13,000 firm

There is some curb rash on the passenger side wheels and some other minor scratches but otherwise I would say the exterior is in very good condition. The interior is also in very good condition with the exception of minor scuffs here and there.

Mechanically everything is running great. I did have the vacuum pump and the water pump replaced recently along with the hatch lock (all service has been completed at a local VW dealership and I have receipts). There was also a couple of days where the moonroof was acting up but it's not had any issues since. Tires (Pirelli P Zero Neros) are in good shape still.

It is also still under the Volkswagen World Auto certified pre-owned warranty. I still have to figure out if that will transfer, but if it does, that would be another bonus. Coverage started in November 2015 when I bought this car and will run for 2 years from that date or 24,000 miles from the purchase mileage. I bought it with 33,6XX miles on it which leaves almost another 18 months or 15,000 miles of coverage.

Other extras include a second key fob, monster mats in addition to regular carpet mats, and a sunshade.

If anyone's interested drop me a PM! If anyone else wants to chime in why my car isn't appealing, I'm not easily offended :)

I took this picture a couple of weeks ago so the mileage is more like 42,8XX

Last edited:

GTIMKV20

APR Stage I
wow, no interest at that price and that low mileage?! Car looks great - hopefully you fin a reasonable buyer soon!

Looks like i'm keeping mine forever. and ever. Good luck with the sale!

100xtree

wow, no interest at that price and that low mileage?! Car looks great - hopefully you fin a reasonable buyer soon!

Looks like i'm keeping mine forever. and ever. Good luck with the sale!
Thank you! It's been really strange - I originally listed it at $16k with the hopes someone would want to make a reasonable offer at least but now I'm just trying to list it at a price that gets a response at all haha.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk