GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car shows and Mk6's

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Samsies. Love well kept/restored older dubs. Always amazes me how small they used to be.

Yeah nothing like a nice clean oldie with a beast of a motor put in it.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
I know my clean and tastefully modded mk7 never got a second look at a show or meet, can only imagine same deal with mk6 around here.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
I go to a small car meet in the summer, usually 30-50 cars, and most of the cars are Domestics of all ages. My father-n-law and I go and park next to each other, he has a mustang. The best compliment I ever received was a lady that walked by my car and said to her husband, "Oh what about this black little car? I would drive it even though it's a VW"...lol I thought it was hilarious, but sad that VW's do not get any respect.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
It seems like there's very few mk6's that even have enough work done to them that deserve that respect. Pauls old mk6 comes to mind with his full custom interior. Cosmos wide body is another one.

I got a shit ton of things done to my car, but it may as well be invisible. It's rare that anybody ever really takes a 2nd look at my car. Most of what I have is bolt-ons, so it's not that special. I have a moderate drop with average looking bronze wheels that don't stand out a lot and very few things done to the outside. There's just not much to look at unless you go full car show car.

At least now I have the rear seat delete that I made myself, so I've got a little something that's different and unique to my car. I can't say I like leaving my hatch wide open for people to see it while I'm walking around the show though, so not too many people get to see it.

bart2278

Go Kart Champion
It seems like there's very few mk6's that even have enough work done to them that deserve that respect. Pauls old mk6 comes to mind with his full custom interior. Cosmos wide body is another one.

I got a shit ton of things done to my car, but it may as well be invisible. It's rare that anybody ever really takes a 2nd look at my car. Most of what I have is bolt-ons, so it's not that special. I have a moderate drop with average looking bronze wheels that don't stand out a lot and very few things done to the outside. There's just not much to look at unless you go full car show car.

At least now I have the rear seat delete that I made myself, so I've got a little something that's different and unique to my car. I can't say I like leaving my hatch wide open for people to see it while I'm walking around the show though, so not too many people get to see it.

The same could be said for a plethora of cars that go to car shows. Its an opportunity to learn about a vehicle you know nothing about.

SyDiko

Ready to race!
Curious, in your area if Mk6s even garner a look at car shows?

I've been to a few local car shows now, and while my car isn't radical, I'd say its a pretty clean performance build thus far. I rarely even get a look from spectators unless they are other VW owners asking me questions.

I'm not looking for trophies or glam here, but I do take the time to go to these things to be social and talk to other owners.

How does the Mk6 platform fare where you are?

Dude, its weird.

I think people believe GTI owners are stuck up because we drive 'European' cars - so they ignore us! I use to be in the JDM scene, and my best friend and his brother compete regularly, so I'm invited to many exclusive JDM meets here in MA. At meets, I often over here people talking about how we're stuck up and what not.