GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Hand polish question

jordy6

Passed Driver's Ed
I have searched a lot but can't find the answer, can hand polishing cause holograms? And can you make the paint look worse if doing something wrong? I have many swirl marks all over my hood but only there, nowhere else.

Also tips for better results are always welcome

Jarred767

Ready to race!
Head to http://www.autogeek.net/detailingtips.html
where you can find expert advice and videos as well as the products you need to take care of your ride.

Yeah, tons of stuff over there. You can't do too much damage by hand, but it will be a lot of work to remove swirls by hand. I'd highly recommend investing in some sort of beginner polisher to get your feet wet. The forums over on autogeek also have an insane amount of threads on absolutely everything detailing related that you can think of. A really great resource if you want to get more into detailing.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
I have searched a lot but can't find the answer, can hand polishing cause holograms? Not likely, they are mainly caused by inexperienced/careless rotary users. And can you make the paint look worse if doing something wrong? YesI have many swirl marks all over my hood but only there, nowhere else.

Also tips for better results are always welcome

Search Junkman2000 on Youtube. he has a lot of good instructional videos and hes pretty entertaining to boot.