GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Dafuture's Slow(ish) Build Thread

St3ph3nsvw12GTI

Ready to race!
The brake-stiffening kit from Tyrolsport is a must for our cars. That alone does wonders to the feel/bite [emoji106]

I am running the same Stoptech Street pads with Stoptech slotted rotors. This combo of three is perfect for street use.

Thinking about doing the stiffening as well. The new slotted rotor and street pads are great! But still feel that brake pedal travel some

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
I've decided to try and part out a couple things, but I'm still looking forward to adding the bushings in. Glad to hear you guys like them so much!

I'm going to throw an auto switch on as well, just for convenience.

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
So I haven't updated in a long, long time. Unfortunately, this won't be a post about something new going on the car.

As of last Tuesday (11/7/17), I am no longer a GTI owner. It makes me kind of sad to think about, as I was pretty much forced out of the car due to spine/knee issues. I had no plans to give up the car any time soon which just made things more difficult. I pulled whatever I could off the car to recoup some money, but other things (downpipe, coils, sways) I didn't have time to grab. Suffice it to say the next owner is getting quite a surprise! I will still be posting occasionally until the parts I have left are sold, but otherwise I'll probably be spending more of my time on the 4Runner frorums.

I am going to miss the car and this community. 5 1/2 years dedicated to GTIs is a long time when you're my age. It truly has been a lot of fun owning this car. I still have my Dad's MK5 GTI to drive a bit when I get nostalgic, but it just won't be the same.

Thanks to all of you who have made this such a great ride!

whitewolf33

Go Kart Champion
Ive been curious what you got. Good luck with the new truck, Ill be going back to one when life forces me to. Did you trade the GTI in or sell it? Definitly some nice suprises for the next owner. Hopefully theyll be on this forum soon posting about the car they bought that already has a downpipe and coils. Come down a little on that catback :D:p

George11

Ready to race!
Always followed your thread, at one point we were updating our cars and at similar cross roads with upgrades. Sorry about your personal health causing this change.

dafuture

Go Kart Champion
Ive been curious what you got. Good luck with the new truck, Ill be going back to one when life forces me to. Did you trade the GTI in or sell it? Definitly some nice suprises for the next owner. Hopefully theyll be on this forum soon posting about the car they bought that already has a downpipe and coils. Come down a little on that catback :D:p

Thanks man, it's much appreciated. The GTI got traded, the dealer gave me a decent number for it plus the tax credit from the state. I hope they do come on the forum and take care of it! Best I can do is $450 ;)

Always followed your thread, at one point we were updating our cars and at similar cross roads with upgrades. Sorry about your personal health causing this change.

I appreciate it man. I remember reading your thread too and always being interested in how we were handling the same problems differently. Always valued your thoughts too.

deep.mit

Go Kart Champion
So I haven't updated in a long, long time. Unfortunately, this won't be a post about something new going on the car.

As of last Tuesday (11/7/17), I am no longer a GTI owner. It makes me kind of sad to think about, as I was pretty much forced out of the car due to spine/knee issues. I had no plans to give up the car any time soon which just made things more difficult. I pulled whatever I could off the car to recoup some money, but other things (downpipe, coils, sways) I didn't have time to grab. Suffice it to say the next owner is getting quite a surprise! I will still be posting occasionally until the parts I have left are sold, but otherwise I'll probably be spending more of my time on the 4Runner frorums.

I am going to miss the car and this community. 5 1/2 years dedicated to GTIs is a long time when you're my age. It truly has been a lot of fun owning this car. I still have my Dad's MK5 GTI to drive a bit when I get nostalgic, but it just won't be the same.

Thanks to all of you who have made this such a great ride!

Sad to see your GTI go :( Hope you have a great time with the 4Runner! Stay in touch buddy :)