GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

MK6 GTI ko4 walks? ?

clementkk

My car has ko4, downpipe, intercooler, intake. stage 2 apr tune 91octane R8 coil. MT
Rear sway bar, and coilover lowered 1 inch.

what kind of cars have you guys walked with confidence?
AMGs? M3s? Mutangs? etc?

My friend has an e36 m3, I wonder what will happen if we try.

I will probably stop modding right here, maybe a SB clutch kit in the future.

Also, is there any difference between the older version apr tune and newer version? Mine has the older version, torque kicks in after about 4500 rpm.
Tune is done by last owner, name change is $140 plus $150 for all octane tune.

Worth doing it?

zrickety

The Fixer
Any reason you aren't running specific k04 tune?? I don't have 0-60 times but I can tell you power to weight ratio of our cars is pretty high. I was able to keep up with Corvettes at the track, I would think an M3 would be close.

webbry4

Ready to race!
Any reason you aren't running specific k04 tune?? I don't have 0-60 times but I can tell you power to weight ratio of our cars is pretty high. I was able to keep up with Corvettes at the track, I would think an M3 would be close.

I have the same question as well do you have apr k04 tune? Or stage 2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avni

Ready to race!
You'll beat a Audi RS5 (V8s)

You'll get beat by new body M3/M4 (stocK)

You wont beat a C63 AMG.

I could be wrong about all of this though.

damagi123

Go Kart Champion
youll get walked by any minivan to 35mph lol

This isnt the car for drag races (FWD) but youll make alot of folks wonder what the fuck is going on when you go down to 3rd or 4th at 4k and mat it on the highway

(as long as you get the proper tune on there)

Last edited:

riceburner

Autocross Champion
if street racing, for good quick sprints (preferably not from a dead dig) i've had hard times finding competitors, but here are few walks i've had:

hemi charger (rt, not srt... not saying i wouldn't beat a stock srt though haha)
few mustangs various years, probably boltons
wrx's
thats about it? i can think of a myriad of cars we would be good against but havent found any

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
you should find out if you have stage 2 or k04 tune because those are vastly different.

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
I would spend the money on the name change. This way you have the most up to date tune etc.

clementkk

Yeah, I will definitely update the tune. After I get the tensioner replaced:iono:

After new tires. Then new tune, then new clutch, and better brakes.
Wheel spins in 3rd at 5-6k rpm WTF?
The car is kind wired now, sometimes the rpm drops a bit when hitting 4k then come back on. I don't know what is the issue. Any ideas? Clutch?

avni

Ready to race!
I agree with the above ^^^^^^^^^^^^

You NEED make sure you have K04 tune

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Yeah, I will definitely update the tune. After I get the tensioner replaced:iono:

After new tires. Then new tune, then new clutch, and better brakes.
Wheel spins in 3rd at 5-6k rpm WTF?
The car is kind wired now, sometimes the rpm drops a bit when hitting 4k then come back on. I don't know what is the issue. Any ideas? Clutch?
APR k04 tune kind of limits power right around 4k to prevent "turbo surging". There was a big thread about it awhile ago.. I think its just how their tune is.. its like strong then 4k comes and it lets off a bit then picks back up strong.

If it was your clutch i think you would feel it more often

lilonespaz

Drag Race Newbie
Wheel Spin at 5krpms could be due to really shitty tires. Spend the money on some good tires like Pilot Super Sports or Conti Extreme Contact. Also motor/trans and dogbone mounts replaced with stiffer mounts will help put power down and prevent wheel chop/hop.

clementkk

dogbone mount is on the way, yeah thats why I said tires first right after tensioner.
Current tires are Nitto motive still very new. I will use them while I save up some money for a set of pss.