GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

GTI vs Golf R insurance rates?

pressure drop

Ready to race!
How does any kid afford insurance for STI's and Evos? 90% of them are driven by young dudes who are probably paying ridiculous rates.

Icer Jo

Ready to race!
For fun I just got a quote from my current carrier online (Esurance), it would be about a $110 more for me, for every 6 months for a Golf R.

I Have Progressive and Price only went up like 100-200 every 6 months (on 3 Vehicles), Though I'm fixing to make it go down once I finally send them a copy of my Driving class completion for the speeding ticket I had lol. So should be a roughly the same in the end.

VWPDX

When I first bought my car, State Farm took the VIN and could only register it as a 2 dr. coupe. (I have a 4 door R). The policy with $500 deductible was ~$550 for 6 months. After a few weeks, they were able to correct it to 4 door and the policy dropped under $500. I am jinxing myself, but I have had no tickets in 10 years this April.

Beanie1

Hi, anyone go from Mk6 GTI to Golf R ? How much did the insurance go up?

I ask cause last time I bought an 04 R (from an 04 3.2 TT), it went up 300% at 21st century ins, so I canceled it and went safeco.

Dude, I went from MkV GTI to MkVI Golf R(4 dr), my insurance actually goes down alot. My insurance charged me $180/month for my 07 MkV GTI 2 dr, now they charge me $133/month for the R. My insurance representative simply told me any 2dr car is considered "sport car" and will subject to a higher rate of premium regardless of your driving record.

Pacific German

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
19 yo no tickets and paying $100 a month for full coverage with a relatively cheap deductable :)

Nice that the Golf R is cheaper than my old B7 S4 / Mk4 R32

chris101

Ready to race!
19 and you had a b7 s4 already? Born into money or start a business at 16 giving Gates a run for the money?

djmslash

Ready to race!
19 and you had a b7 s4 already? Born into money or start a business at 16 giving Gates a run for the money?
100bucks a month for full coverage? at age of 19?? can you say your on your parents insurance also??? and im gonna say born into money but hey have fun with it.

Pacific German

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor

100bucks a month for full coverage? at age of 19?? can you say your on your parents insurance also??? and im gonna say born into money but hey have fun with it.

First car was a 93 VW Corrado I paid $300 for.. would have been nice to be born into money, I just made many wise decisions (and got lucky a few times)

I'm on my parents insurance plan, but adding the R was only $100 per month. :thumbup:

SoNgMaN

I Void Warranties
from 2010 TDI highline to 2012 R my rates went up a whopping $3/mth